Skythe Games
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

Das Rollenspiel Forum von Skye Nova

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Skinwalker

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 49

Skinwalker - Seite 6 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyMi Okt 16, 2013 7:40 pm

Whe I woke up I could see white light and white walls. I turned my head around and saw Selars worried face. I patted his head. "Hey little one." Talking and breathing was still hard, but I felt much better already. Hefray and Melissa came over to the bed I was laying in. "Oh I'm glad you're awaken now." I looked confused. "How long...?" "Nearly two days." The doctor came into the room. I turned around to face him and my view get caught by Talvi. He was sitting in a chair. I nodded over to him, smiling. Then  I turned to the doctor. "You're healing very fast. But still..." Then I realised. Something wasn't right from the beginning. "Where...where Is Eiri?" Melissa lowered her head. Hefray looked concerned. "We hadn't seen her since we brought you here." I sit up in the bed, trying to stand up, but the doc pushed me down. "You need more rest. Your wounds were sewn." "Sorry doc, but I will go now. At my own risk." I faced him, telling him I wont do what he would tell me. He looked confused, but went to the door. "At your own risk."

I stood up, tearing away the electrodes. "Lee, you're stupid. She will be alright." "I'm not sure and I want to see it with my own eyes. Did you look for her at our house?" "Yes, but nobody was there since we had left." I growled. "We have to find her. Please help me." I looked into her eyes. I was really worried about her. Hefray and Melissa nodded. I turned to Talvi. "Can you get the rest of the troop if they are still on our side?" I could see a bandage under his shirt. "Just if you're able. I'm sorry that you got hurt." I smiled. Then we left. "We'll meet at the village entrance."

Hefray, Melissa, Selar and I were walking together. We met Damon at the village entrance. "Damon, do you know where Eiri is?" He smiled. "This problem has been solved." "Did you kill her? If you killed I will..." I jumped forward, but Hefray stopped me. "No, but I guess her little friend, who had taken her with him will do it." With that he ran away, laughing. I shivered. I sank to the ground. Where is she? Is she alright? Eiri... "EIRI" I began to cry. I didn't even know why. I just felt like crying. Hefray kneeled next to me, putting his arm around me. "We'll find her. Let's start at your house." "I...I want to help." Selar kneeled infront of me. "I'm really good in finding tracks, remember. And I want to find her." This brave little boy. I patted his head. Then I stood up and we went to our house.

"EIRI"I tried to find her track around the veranda, but I wasn't able to find anything. Maybe I was to worried. Something blocked me and the track was already two days old. It will be impossible to find... "I got it." I looked down to the small brown pup. We were all in our wolfforms. "You...you got it?" "Yes, that was easy." He played with a small leaf. "She has gone this way and later there is another track of someone, or something. I don't know this track. It's new. And there is blood." I jumped off in the direction Selar has shown. The others followed me. "Selar, you're very talented." I smiled to him. Then I looked forward. Eiri, hold on. We'll be right there.
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 46

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyDo Okt 17, 2013 7:57 am

I was counting my blessings as I left the hospital. That knife could've made me a paraplegic, and I'd never be able to live with myself in that state; helpless, insignificant... alone. I didn't want that. In my mind, I prayed for Lex's return. Surely this would never have happened is she were here now, right?

It wasn't the best idea for me to be moving around with such a nasty wound, but I stomached the pain through comparison to the wounds I have given Damon. I did not remember how I did that to him; one minute I had my back turned, the next thing I could remember was seeing him below me. What caused me to snap like that? Was it Lee? Was it the pain of the knife entering my back? Was it the sheer thought of being jumped? I did not know.

The walk seemed a lot longer than usual, even for my human form. I dared not shift out of it in case I aggravated the wounds further. It was getting dark when I made it back to Lex's house. I opened the door, and stumbled my way inside. Chester was on the couch, and weirdly enough seemed frightened at the sight of me. I said nothing, instead slumping on the couch opposite. I was tired now, too tired to even move anymore. I heard Chester run upstairs, and I fell asleep.

What must've been only a short while later, I felt a prod in my side, rousing me awake. Chester looked more concerned now as he looked down at me. I noticed that Nokta was now sat across from me, staring intently as if he wished to ask me something. I sat up and clutched at my head. It throbbed. I looked down at the small table in between us, and there was a glass of water waiting there for me. Not wasting a moment, I guzzled it, before sitting back and letting out a refreshed sigh. It didn't help at all with the pain or grogginess, but it was a start at least. "Thanks..." I muttered.

Nokta looked pained at my presence. "Talvi, Damon told us you were conspiring against the pack. Is this true?"

If this was a joke, I didn't find it funny. After a while, it alarmed me to realise that Nokta was actually being serious. "I'm a little offended that you'd ask-"

"Yes or no?" he sternly interrupted.

"No!" I yelled. "Damon started causing trouble over Selar and... Eiri's child. He told them to leave, or die."

"So, why did you get involved, then?"

It felt like I was being interrogated. I clenched my fist. "Because he put a knife in Lee over it! Over a stupid, narrow-minded opinion that he's drilled into the whole pack's mind!"

"Easy, Talvi! We're on your side! I just..." The panther in human skin paused. "...I just needed to know you were telling the truth..."

"We didn't believe what Damon's been saying, Talvi, honest we didn't!" Chester pleaded.

I fell silent again. I was disinterested in this subject. Nokta cleared his throat. "Alright, get some rest, and we'll consult Damon publicly tomorrow."

"There's no time for that," I urged, "we have to find Eirian. She's missing."

"What? Was she kidnapped?"

I shrugged. Nokta stood up with Chester, ready to leave. "Are you... sure you're okay to come with us? We can handle it ourselves, you know?"

"I'm coming along. Besides, you don't know where to look."

"So where to, boss?"

"Lee's house."
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyDo Okt 17, 2013 11:14 am

My head is pounding. I can't see straight. Sticky red obscures my vision, keeping one of my eyes closed. My captor is human now, as he has been since I woke; as stocky and powerful as he had been in animal form (which he has since informed me is that of a hyena), he seems to have an almost permanent grin upon his face, coupled by some oozing gashes. I am not ashamed to admit the sense of satisfaction I feel that the blood splattered across my body is not all my own. I could feel goosebumps cropping up over my skin, inevitable given the colder weather, the damp cave walls and my lack of clothing. For a while I tried shifting to jaguar form - not only to give me added warmth from my fur, but to hide my naked flesh and make me feel safer - but I hadn't been able to keep it up long. The ropes binding my feet together and keeping my arms behind my back hurt too much when I shift. I turn my head, looking over at the man as he devours a rabbit (none of which he offers to me, obviously) and speak up.
"Why don't you just... kill me?"
He pauses, a dribble of blood trickling down his chin as he turns his attention to me.
"Oh no, no. Killing you would be much too quick. Where's the fun in that? Besides..."
He stands, tossing the rabbit carcass aside and approaching me, making me tense. He crouches beside me, taking my chin in his hand.
"..aren't we having fun?"

I glare at him, my skin crawling as I feel his fingertips tracing over my flesh. Fury flares within me and, before I know it, I bite down on his hand. Hard. Cloying, metallic liquid fills my mouth. I expect him to pull away, but he does not, instead he grabs my hair, pulling my head back until I let go. I growl at him, trying to wriggle free of his grip, but he holds fast. Suddenly, he grabs my throat with his injured hand, making my breath catch.
"Don't you know that only excites me?"
With that, he shoves me back to the floor, keeping me pinned by my throat while I struggle, his other hand moving to my thigh. I can't defend myself, can't escape, I can only struggle futilely against my bonds, as his hand roams over me.
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyFr Okt 18, 2013 4:07 am

Talvi and the troop joined us near our house. Together we were running through the forest, always following Selar, who still had the smell of the old track. The further we were running, the better I could smell the track too. Selar leaded us to the end of the forest. A small cave was inside a mountain.

"There we are." We stopped infront of the entrance. I poked Selars snout with mine. "Wow, Selar, you're amazing. Thank you for bringing us here. But now..." I pointed over to a large bush. "...let the old generation handle this and hide over there." I smiled. Selar jumped behind the bush. "Please, everybody, be careful." I winked. "Of course. We will be right..." Suddenly I stopped speaking, anger filled my mind. Bloodthirsty I stepped forward. "Selar, stay there till we come back." I entered the cave. The others followed me. I could only think about killing him, this unknown person. As we were in the cave, Melissa began to talk. She was confused. "What's going on so suddenly?" "Can't you smell it?" She was still looking confused. I was just going straight ahead. Adrenalin pumped through my venes. "He is lecherous and not just a little. The whole air in here is filled with it. And I'm sure Lee can smell it. He isn't thinking rationally."

I began to run, speeding up my steps. This bastard...what is he doing with her? The cave was actually quiet big, nearly a maze. We went through different smaller caves, till we found a larger one, lighten up by a small fire. We were hiding in the shadows to get nearer. And then we could see them.

The bastard was leaning over Eiri, touching her with his dirty fingers. She was moving under him, trying to free herself, but he pinned her on the ground with his weight. I growled, quietly, to not gather his attention. He was so distracted and instinct led that he didn't noticed us.

The anger was growing. My mind was full with dead and blood. I couldn't differentiate between friend and foe. The bastard was moaning, having fun touching Eiris skin. He squeezed her troath. I growled again, couldn't hold back anymore.

"LET HER GO!" I screamed while running forward. It was the surprise moment and the anger which gave me more power. I jumped to him, biting him in his shoulder and pushed him with all my weight against the cave wall. I tasted metallic blood and I could feel and hear bones crush. He was looking surprised. I pulled him back and pushed him against the wall again and again and again. I felt blood running down my legs. The seams of my wounds breaked. But I couldn't feel any pain. The wall was already red from blood as I pushed him against it. Soon he lost his awareness. His body was like a wet bag, no more tautness in his body. I growled about his weakness and dropped him down the floor. There was still a weak sign of life in him. Just by trying to bite his throat and to end all this, something interrupted me.

"LEE!" I turned around to a small group of human. One of the men stared at me. I growled, because he interrupted me by indulging my bloodthirst. I jumped over to him, snarling and growling, biting in the air. "LEE, SHIFT!" His eyes were starring into mine, his voice was quaking. "SHIFT!" I didn't know why, but his dominance made me change into my human form. I was bigger then him, but he was more dominant. "And now, calm down."

I took a deep breath. The anger was still filling my mind, but the fog of bloodthirst cleared up. I shaked my head, looking down my body. The blood was dripping down on the floor. I could see Hefray standing infront of me and finally realised that it was him, who made me shift. He used his firesoul dominance to control me. This was the first time he did that. Man...what was going on? I shaked my head again. My anger was right under my skin and I couldn't calm down.

I turned around and moved over to the fire, tearing apart my shirt. The seams had fade away, my wounds were open again. I sighed. I took a glowing piece of wood out of the fire and pressed it on the wounds. I moaned and surpressed a scream. The heat stopped the bleeding and closed the wound. This will be a big scar... I throwed the wood back into the fire and turned around to Eiri. She was still sitting on the floor. I kneeled next to her and pulled her into my arms, kissing her on her forehead and I finally began to calm down.
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyFr Okt 18, 2013 5:07 am

An interesting turn of events, I must say, that I would watch Lee do something remarkably similar to what I did do Damon, only he had done more damage to this individual than I did to Damon. Hefray's voice had shaken the room into an unnerving silence. I'll be honest, this place made me feel sick to the stomach. How many victims had this place harboured? How many of them ever managed to leave? A humbling thought.

I looked across to the broken man who lay at the base of the wall. Come to think of it... his scent was familiar... of course. The one that Lex killed after they did something similar to Melissa, and almost got Eiri then as well. Could they be connected?

At some point during my river of thoughts, I fixed my gaze upon Melissa. Was seeing this affecting her? How would she react? I could see pain in her expression as she stared at the assailant. It then contorted to a frown. I wasn't sure what to think, until...

"Is there something you wanna ask, Talvi?" She turned to look at me, the frown not exactly dissipating.

"Oh, um..." I looked at the ground apologetically, and cleared my throat. How rude of me. Why was I so fixated on her like that? "...sorry, my mind was wandering."

"So what do we do now? Kill him?" Nokta asked me.

"As much as Lee may have liked to, something seems odd about him. Maybe we should tie him up and interrogate him when he wakes up?"

"Good point, but look at him," Hefray added, "there's no guarantee that guy's waking up. He's a mess."

I sighed, clutching my head in an attempt to think. Funny, considering up till now I was happy to do as Lex said to me; follow my instincts. I beckoned Chester over to me, who had seemed a little confused by what he had seen. "This guy lives here, so there has to be some form of first aid here. Think you can find it for me, champ?"

He nodded, and began to rummage around. I stepped over to Lee whilst he comforted Eiri. "Oh dear, Lee, do I need to get you another stretcher?" I laughed warmly, but I don't think he appreciated the joke. Understandable. "Anyway, I'm glad to see you're both alive. Eirian, do you know who this man is? Why he attacked you?"
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptySa Okt 19, 2013 2:19 pm

I shiver in Lee's arms, partially from the cold, partially from the fading adrenaline, mostly from fear. Lee had just pummeled my assailant into the wall, I am naked, vulnerable, my scars are on show, everyone is staring. I could have sworn I can feel their eyes boring into me, judging me. Lee seems to notice my shivering, he looks down, realises I am still bound and releases me. I hear Talvi's voice, but I don't listen to the words, I cannot hear them properly so I do not answer his questions. It's almost as though I'm submerged in water, for everything is muffled.

What would have happened if they hadn't arrived in time, or if Hefray hadn't been able to stop Lee? Why are they all here? Is Selar on his own? The questions I ask myself draw my attention back to the presence of those around me. There are too many of them in the cave with me, I want to break away, to get away from their gazes, like all the faceless gazes of the crowds that used to watch me.
Why are they still staring at me?
On one level, I knew I was being paranoid, of course they would be looking at me, they would want to make sure I am okay. But on another, more damaged level, I do not want their eyes on me. I do not want them to see me like this, to see my skin, my shameful scars. I wrap my arms round myself, my wrists numb and raw from where the ropes had rubbed against the flesh, trying desperately to cover myself. I desperately wish to shift, to have the comfort of my fur, to hide in it, but I reign myself back. I myself am not sure why. Perhaps it is the simple logic that if I did so while in Lee's arms it would become awkward, or perhaps a lingering fear of the pain caused by the ropes if I do, even if they are no longer binding me.

I try desperately to turn my thoughts away from my delusional thoughts of everyone staring at me and am reminded of how cold I am. My body shakes furiously. I look up at Lee, trying to keep my voice as level as possible, so as not to give away how much I'm freaking out and to try to center myself, prevent myself from losing control.
"C-Can I get some... clothes please?"
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptySo Okt 20, 2013 8:50 am

Melissa came to us, taking off he clothes, standing naked in the cave. She handed the clothes to Eiri. "Take them. I'll go back in wolf form." She stepped back to the group, still naked. The troop blindfolded.

I helped Eiri to put on the clothes, then I leaned my forehead against hers. "Let's go home. You need some rest. We need some rest." I smiled, caressing her belly. I pulled her into my arms, then lifted her up and carried her to the rest of the group. "What's with him?" I turned around, looking to the man I smashed against the wall. "I don't know." I looked around. "Actually I like to kill him, but I know it would be better to keep him alive."

Hefray stepped to the man. He was still laying on the floor, but his eyes were already moving again. "He has waken up. Unbelievable." Hefray poked him with his foot. "I thought he would die." Then Hefray kneeled down and looked into his eyes. "What you have done wasn't good for you. You shouldn't kidnap the mate of a windsoul."

Chester returned with a first aid and together they supplied the man and tied him up. They attached the ropes at the wall and put a bucket of water next to him, so he good take a drink.

"We'll leave him here and we'll return tomorrow to ask him. It's late already and it was a hard day for us all. Let's all take a break and rest." Hefray turned to me. I nodded. Then he turned to Talvi, who was a bit red in his face. "Is this ok for you? I'd like to ask you as a full firesoul. We still have to talk about Damon and what has happened before. But let's do it tomorrow." He went over to Hefray, patting him on his shoulder.  

We all went out together as Selar jumped out the bush. "Are you all alright?" I nodded. "Yes, but we are tired." I smiled. It wasn't believable, I knew that. I wasn't wearing a shirt, Eiri was looking really tired and exhausted. And Melissa wasn't wearing any clothes. She just shifted in the moment Selar was beginning to talk. "Come on Selar, let's go home."

The way back seemed longer then it really was. We split up at our house. "Thank you all for helping us today and the last days. I am forever in your dept."

"Selar, you can sleep in the study room. Have a good night." He came over to us and hugged us both. "Good night." He smiled. "Thank you."

I carried Eiri up in the bedroom and layed her down in the bed. I layed behind her, pulling her into my arms. "I'm glad you are alright. I love you." She turned around to me and we kissed eachother, a long passionate and tender kiss, celebrating our reunion.
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptySo Okt 20, 2013 9:30 am

I don't know why I seemed so aware of Melissa's presence all of a sudden. Maybe it was sympathy? But then, surely I would feel sympathetic toward Eirian, and even Lex, who had revealed that she had once been abused in such a way? All I knew was this; rapists made me sick to the stomach. In a dark sort of way, I was glad that Lee had made him suffer. On the flip side, I respected him for his restraint, something that I firmly believe I would not have shown in the same position.

As myself and the guardians split from Lee's group, my thoughts wandered to tomorrow. Hefray's words provided me with warmth in knowing he would value mine. But this whole confusion surrounding Damon was troubling, to say the least. Ignoring the most drastic consequences involving Selar and the unborn, confronting Damon with the guardians would mean not being able to patrol the borders. So I told them that tomorrow, they would patrol alone so I could discuss matters with Hefray. They seemed anxious, but I knew that they could manage without me.

We arrived back at Lex's house, and all retired to our separate quarters for the night. I sat on the bed, peering out of the window at the sky. I pondered my life, my past, and my future. During this time, an odd thought crept into my mind...

It sure is cold when you sleep alone...

I jumped, originally thinking the voice to be alien to my knowledge, but I clicked on that it was my inner voice. But... why now? Mating season was almost over... I had not had any urges or restless nights for a while, so why now? Maybe it was... loneliness?

Stupid. Stupid thoughts again.

I pursued another topic altogether in my mind. Damon's rules. I know that they needed to change, but I also needed to think of alternatives, and ones that Lex would still approve of when she returns. After all, it would be pointless to change the laws, only for Lex to change them again. Plus, that would most likely destroy the pack's morale. These thoughts swam through the rivers of my brain, before lulling me to sleep...

I woke up about a minute before first light, as usual. Something was different, today. As I headed to the dining room to fetch some breakfast, I could feel a fire inside me. I was tense, but incredibly focused. I felt self-assured. My scar seemed to sting with a phantom pain, and at times like this, it made me wonder if I would make it through the day, a mentality adopted from battle.

I was out the door before either Nokta or Chester awoke. Today, I would need my inner strength. I was sure of it. And yet... it brought a grin to my face.
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyDi Okt 22, 2013 2:14 pm

Even after Lee fell asleep, I remained awake, curled up in his arms with my back to him, feeling his warmth and the steady rhythm of his breathing. For the most part I had calmed down, no longer in the grip of panic as I had been in the cave. I cast my thoughts back to the recent events, how I had to be saved, once again. The fact remained that, when I needed to, I still couldn't defend myself. Or rather... a part of me didn't want to. Perhaps, on some level, I wanted to be hurt? Some form of twisted atonement for my past? I shuddered. Despite all my inner bravado at Lex's training and confronting Damon, I still hadn't been of any use, the ones around me had gotten hurt. It had been for naught. My hand traveled to my stomach; if I couldn't protect anyone now, how will I ever be able to protect my own offspring? Not only that, but with Damon so against us would we be run out of this place, or worse? My head still hurt. The blood had been cleaned off and I could see out of both eyes now, but the pain remained. I wondered if my head had hit a rock when I was knocked out. Over the course of the night I managed to catch a few fitful snatches of sleep, but for the most part I was awake to dwell on my thoughts and the throbbing of my head.

As morning rolled around I slid myself out of the bed covers, feeling a familiar bout of nausea roll over me. I'd almost gotten used to it now, the sickness tended to fade after half an hour or so, as long as I didn't do anything too strenuous, or attempt to eat anything. As I sat on the end of the bed, I looked out of the window at the brightening sky, waiting for Lee to wake so we could head out together. From what I had managed to hear last night we were going to go back to the cave, talk to the man who had kidnapped me and perhaps talk to Damon too. I hadn't yet told the others of Damon's involvement concerning the other man, I figured it was just a case of him not caring enough about me to stop him, but I did wonder what the rest of the group would think. I turn slightly, my gaze settling on Lee's face. After what had happened to the both of us, I didn't want to be apart from him unless I had to.
I like to think, if it came down to it, I would be able to fight and die for the right reasons for you.
Very gently, I caressed his cheek with my fingers, whispering.
"I love you."

Zuletzt von Tsukikoko am Mi Okt 23, 2013 12:02 pm bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyMi Okt 23, 2013 9:29 am

I opened my eyes, putting my hands around her head and pulling her down to my face. I kissed her. "And I love you too." I sit up. "Did you get some rest?" Eiri smiled gently, trying to hide that she doesn't slept much. I pulled her into my arms and kissed her on her forehead. "Don't be afraid of anything. We will do it." I looked into her eyes, fondling her cheek. I wished that moment would last forever. Please...never leave me again... I wasn't sure about telling her, that she shouldn't leave me, afraid of scaring her with it. We kissed eachother again, I fondled over her body, feeling the warmth of her skin, the beat of her heart, as a sound came from downstairs. We went down. Selar was sitting at the table. As he saw us, he ran over to us, hugging us both and giving Eiri a fast kiss on her cheek. "Good morning." "Good morning. Are you hungry?" "Yesssssss" We laughed all together and I went to the fridge, preparing breakfast for us all.  When we finished our breakfast, I turned to Selar. "You have to stay here today. I'm sorry, but if you like, you can watch TV and there are some cookies in the cupboard. I'll promise, we will be back as fast as we can." He was sad at first, but then Selar smiled.  "Can we go somewhere then? Together?" "And where do you like to go?" "I always wanted to go to the city. I've never been in a toystore." I smiled. "Let's see. Maybe as a surprise." Selar was laughing loud and then ran into the study room again. I could here the TV next. I smiled over to Eiri, who also had a smile on her lips. "Come on, let's go."

We met the others in front of the cave. Together we went inside and all we found were empty shackles. We were shocked. "That can't be." I stepped over to the wall. "This bastard is so ungrateful. First I exmept his life and then he doesn't come to our date." I growled as I smelled a familiar track. "How can you say I'm ungrateful?" The bastard revolved around us in his hyena form, just as a knife applied at Melissas throat and a gun was pointed at the rest of us. A man, another hyena, was standing behind Melissa, holding the knife with one hand and the gun with the other. I looked at Melissa. Her eyes were cold as ice and there was a diabolic smile on her lips. A smile I used to know from earlier days. "Don't make a move or she'll be dead." The man behind her began to speak, just as Melissa moved up her hands as fast as a wolf, putting them around his throat and throwed him over her head, smashing him on the ground. We could here bones crushing as his neck broke. A demonic silence layd over the cave. I put my hand on my forehead, shaking my head disbelieving. "Melissa....we could have asked him, before killing him." She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't mind. He tried to kill me. Ask the other one." She pointed to the other hyena, the one I smashed against the wall the day before. He was looking shocked, just like the others of our group did. "Don't be so shocked. I always said, don't underestimate her." I turned to the bastard, he was still hobbling a bit. "You...you killed another one." He began to howl. "Shut up. Hyenas are living in packs, so where are the others?" I could hear howlings from far away. I growled frustrated. "Oh, come on. That was just a joke." Can't we just live our lifes in peace?
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyMi Okt 23, 2013 12:05 pm

I knew it. I fucking knew it.

Every development that occurred in that cave made me feel death's presence. I hated that feeling. It was like balancing on a tightrope; one false movement, one misplacement, and that would be it. I felt it as we discovered this glutton's shackles. I felt it as he appeared, and more so as he took Melissa hostage. And as I just started to believe it was over once she had broke her captor beyond repair (which shocked me initially, considering she was a watersoul), the howls brought back that horrid feeling. Death's glare can be chilling, and it felt like it was focused on us. Needless to say, I was on edge. No Chester, Nokta, Lex, and definitely not Damon. We were on our own.

Focus.

I slowly approached the remaining foe, and as he howled, I shoved him to the floor, grabbing him by the throat so he would not dare attempt to escape unless he had a death-wish. "I'll make this very easy for you. Answer our questions and come with us, and you keep your life. If you don't, I'll make your friends watch me gut you." Seeing his hatred for me sparkle in his eyes desensitised me. I took no joy from toying with him like this, but we all needed some answers. "Why are you attacking the women of our pack?"

I quickly turned to the entrance. I was paranoid that some of his "friends" would show up. I peered into his eyes again. He was trying to call my bluff. I didn't want to, but he was basically asking to die. "Last chance." I tightened my grip to the extent where he spluttered some indiscernible noises. I loosened my grip a little as he spoke begrudgingly. "You guys killed... my friends..."

We killed his friends?

I looked around the place one more time, then up at the group. "Look at the size of this den. Judging by the state of it, it's no new creation. In fact, this could be months old. How have they stayed hidden in Lex's territory for this long?"
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyMi Okt 23, 2013 1:50 pm

I stared at the dead shifter on the floor, vision tunneling, focusing onto him. Pain pounded in my skull, a steady rhythm, like a heartbeat. A dead fighter. An enclosed, circular space. The stench of blood in my nostrils. The baying of spectators. It could only mean one thing...

My mind's eye shifted.. and I was back in the ring.

My attention suddenly focused on a small scuffle in another part of the ring, a wolf and a larger dog-like creature - hyena was it? Strange, the wolf seemed leaner, less stocky, yet he was pinning the larger canine creature. However, I could see the hyena was bleeding, perhaps a prior injury? No matter. They were a threat. I had to win, I needed to show I was the better fighter, that I should be kept for longer, that I shouldn't be killed. I prowl forwards, paws light against the floor, attention centered on the canids. The wolf looks round, barking and whining, almost as though talking and I freeze, knowing he will see what I am doing and attack. But he pauses, his whining ceases. He tilts his head and other, longer whine escapes his mouth. If I didn't know better, I'd have said the beast was confused. Not planning to waste my chance since he hadn't yet attacked me, I launch forward, front paws extended before me. He yelps, trying to scrabble back as I batter him with my paws, trying to get a grip with my claws to drag him down. I snarl, frustrated. Most opponents at least try to fight back, but some would wait until the other fighters were busy or hurt before making their move, I figure this one is the latter, so with my sudden attack he has no choice but to avoid me. It wouldn't last forever. Sure enough, my paw clipped his hindquarters, knocking him off balance long enough for me to close the distance and sink my fangs into him. He yelps louder, struggling frantically to get away from me.

As I try to maneuver him with my paws, I feel a sudden weight on my back, a set of teeth on the fur at the back of my neck. Instantly, I rear up, twisting my body, trying to throw the foreign weight from me. I know the difference a second can make when someone has their fangs to your neck, my reaction time reflects that. I feel my new attacker's weight shift to the side, slipping from me until they are hanging from neck, but instead of letting go they try to drag me down further from my crouched position. I turn my head, another wolf. Female this time. Have they set a whole pack on me? Despite the effort of the wolf, after a moment, I simply stand. No matter how hard they try, the fact remains that I am twice her size and probably three times her weight. Now, she dangles, barely touching the floor with her paws, growling while she keeps hold of my skin and fur. I curl my body, using my flexibility to bring her closer to my head and allowing me to grab hold of her hind leg. I pull away sharply, tearing her from me. I can feel sticky blood matting the fur on my neck where a chunk of skin has pulled away in her jaws, but I don't care. I raise my head up, hearing a scream-like yelp escape the female before I bring her body smashing into the ground. Again I raise my head, preparing to repeat the movement, when a pair of paws slam into my shoulder, making me let go of the wolf so as not to lose my balance. I swing round, fangs bared, to be met by two males wolves, one of which I attacked before.

The remaining wolves have circled me, snarling and barking, though they don't attack. I figure it's an attempt to get around my guard, so I hiss and take a swipe at them, always keeping my claws and teeth between them and myself. As the stand-off continues, a piercing, laugh-like yipping floods the room and my ears swivel in the direction of the sound, my gaze flickering away from the wolves for the briefest of seconds as two more dog-like canines run into the ring. The wolves half-turn, also seeing the hyenas, their barking and snarling increasing in ferocity. I roar my challenge, the hyenas charge forward.

All hell breaks loose.
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyDo Okt 24, 2013 8:51 am

It was just the same like me. Eiri couldn't differentiate between friend or foe. I stepped forward, the hyenas in my back. Melissa turned around to them, trying to shield me. "Eiri, calm down. Nobody wants to hurt you or your child. You're safe." She looked confused, moving her head from on side to the other.

"Eiri, it's me, Lee. Do you remember me?" She growled, but there was something in her eyes. I jumped forward, pushing her down, but being careful to not hurt her. I made her look into my eyes. "I love you, Eiri. Come back to us. Leave your dreamworld. We are your friends." She has to have a big trauma, which she doesn't handled with. She was biting in the air and I jumped back. She moved away from me. "Eiri, come back, for Selar, for our unborn child and for me. Don't run away now. Never leave me. Please." I was nearly begging.

But it did not seem to affect. Hefray... He wasn't there. He said he would join us later. He had helped me get back into the real world. A hyena jumped over Melissa and attacked me. I, in my wolf form, pushed him down on the floor and bite his throat. Then I got an idea.

I moved over to Talvi, who was also fighting against some opponents. "Talvi, this is your time. Make her shift. Do something, say something that makes her calm down. Just do what Hefray has done. You are a firesoul. Use your dominance." With that I jumped off, fighting another hyena.

Melissa jumped over to Talvi, screening him this time. "Please help her. It will kill her inside to hurt one of us again." She looked into his eyes. "You can do that."
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyDo Okt 24, 2013 10:20 am

Damn, it hurt so much. Could I be blamed for not reacting in time? I honestly did not expect Eirian to just... turn like this. The next moments were absolute mayhem. Despite the pain, I had to drag my body out of the way of any and all attacks that came in my direction. It was horrible. Environments like this used to be my playground, but now... I didn't want to fight. But I was no coward. I would not run. In the midst of the chaos, I heard Lee call to me, and though I was hesitant first, Melissa's input removed the doubt from my mind. I closed my eyes for a split-second...

Do not display anger. Anger is weakness. Display pride. Pride is strength.

I raised my wolven head high, approaching Eirian with iron-will, if perhaps not sturdy footing (due to the bite). I looked into her eyes, and when I eventually caught her gaze in the mayhem, I felt an inner drive push my words outward. "Eiri, stop it! That's enough!" I steeled my gaze, knowing I had her undivided attention. Naturally, there was some defiance from the jaguar as it hissed and snarled back at me. I needed to think of something else, and quickly. Oh, but of course...

"Look at yourself. Is this what you want the pack to remember you for? ...Do you want to prove Damon right?! Do you want this, really?!"

Every word I said seemed to make my wound hurt just a little more. I was starting to worry that she would not answer to me, but I noticed a brief flutter. "Eiri, you have to decide now. Are you going to destroy your future? Your family? Or are you gonna come to your senses?"

Eventually, I could see the veil in her eyes disappear, a sudden clarity of the situation appearing to hit her. Hard. I could see her begin to tremble a little, so I nodded to Lee. "Go to her, she needs you." He was keen to oblige, defending her from any aggression from the still rampant hyenas. I'd done my part to calm Eiri down, but we now needed to drive out the enemy. I did my best to stand my ground, and out of the corner of my eye, I could see that Melissa was as well, wounds and all...

...Shake it off, Talvi. Keep fighting.
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyDi Okt 29, 2013 4:37 am

This was all my fault.

Even as Lee came to me when I now sat on the floor, trying to get me to move, to respond, all I could so was stare at the fighting before me. Melissa could barely see for the blood over her face where I had slammed her into the ground, Talvi was sluggish, his movements pained, almost certainly from the deep bite I'd given him. The smell of blood seemed to be making the hyenas act more fiercely, they yipped and barked constantly, trying to tear the two wolves apart. I had lost it again. I wasn't safe. Not with anyone. If I had kept control, not attacked them, they wouldn't be in such trouble now.
I'm a menace. A monster. What if I had killed them?

I heard a loud yelp, the piercing sound breaking through into my consciousness. Here I was, doing nothing, again. I had to do something. Finally, I moved my head to look at Lee, my expression pained, but determined.
"I have to help them."
Rising to my paws, I turned my attention back to the hyenas, the fighting. I wanted to right the wrongs I had committed, but I knew I could never cleanse my soul of all the bloodshed, the violence, but I could at least make a start. I closed my eyes, searching for the fire I knew was still burning under the surface, the raging inferno I always tried to dampen, to hide. But I needed it now. When my eyes snapped open again I could feel the flames flickering, I paused, just for a moment, before opening my jaws with a mighty roar. That got their attention. The hyenas looked up, staring at me. For a moment I nearly shied away from their crazed gaze, but soon the years of fighting ingrained within me took over. I ran forward, leaping over the wolves and colliding with one of the hyenas, my heavy body making a distinct 'thud' as I did so. After a brief scuffle I cuffed the creature round the head, sending it staggering. With my body between them and the injured canines, I hissed a warning, but the pack charged again, jaws gnashing. Flipping onto my back, I brandished my claws, slashing them whenever they tried to bite me. Despite my soft, vulnerable underbelly being on show, they couldn't get near me without getting hit by my claws. One went after Melissa, but now Lee was helping fight too, so it didn't get very far. Soon, they backed off again, allowing me to get back to my feet, my tail lashing, a guttural snarl escaping my lips. The hyenas were already hurt and it hadn't taken long for Lee to join me in the fray, they could see the fight was a lost cause. With a few yips to one another, they turned tail and ran into the forest. With Melissa and Talvi injured, chasing them seemed pointless and I didn't want to fight anymore. My limbs shook, I was panting hard, my head swam.

I staggered to the corner of the cave and promptly threw up.
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyFr Nov 01, 2013 9:21 am

I helped Eiri to get up again, showing her, that I wouldn't judge her for what she did. I knew what it felt like to lose control.

We left the cave, making our way back to our house. Nobody was on our way, nobody attacked us. It was quiet, maybe too quiet. And we remained quiet too. Nobody said a word.

Hefray was standing on the veranda, not asking any questions. We entered the house, sitting down on the big table. Melissa took care of all our wounds we got in battle, aspecially the ones she and Talvi got.

We were sitting there, silently. I didn't felt like talking. I pulled Eiri into my arms, kissing her on her forehead and petting her belly.

Suddenly there were fast and light steps in the living room. Selar entered the kitchen. "Ehm..." He seemed confused of the situation. I tapped on the chair next to me. He sat down and I patted his head. "Hey, what's up little boy?" I smiled. "Ehm...can we go to the city?" He spoke so softly that it was hard to understand. Selar seemed to be uncomfortable for him to ask us.

I smiled, then looked to the others. "Maybe it would be good for all of us to leave the forest for some time. What do you think? Should we go all together?"

(Sorry, for taking so long and for the short text ;)had a busy week)
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptySa Nov 02, 2013 11:37 am

(It's cool Feya, no worries :3)

Though I had surely been conscious, the latter events of our skirmish in the cave was a tremendous blur. Recollection finally returned to my mind when we were at Lee's house. Melissa at the time was tending to my wounds, and judging by what I could see, she had already fixed up some of the others. It did bother me that she had not taken care of herself first; her wounds were still open and raw. Though her gesture was sweet, I couldn't sit by and say nothing. "Thanks, Melissa, I appreciate your concern, but I think you should probably worry more about your own wounds..."

"Well, the quicker I fix you up, the quicker I can fix myself up. So be a good boy and keep still, okay?"

She made a fair point, so I yielded. As for the patching-up part, she seemed to be a pro. Afterwards, I thought I would be able to relax, but I couldn't. I couldn't help but feel on edge around Eirian after what happened. I understood it was not her fault, and I understood that in her right mind, she would've never attacked any of her friends. In truth, I was concerned. What feeling could be so intense that it turned you blind to the distinctions of friend and foe? I wanted to know, but... I got the feeling that I also didn't want to know. But those thoughts were non-constructive, so I dismissed them to the back of my mind.

When Selar asked to go to the city, I was certainly keen to come along. Maybe forgetting about the perils of the forest would make the burden on my mind a little lighter... Selar may not have known, but he was wise beyond his years, of that I was sure.

(Short post for me too I'm afraid, struggling for ideas :c sorry guys)
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyMi Nov 06, 2013 1:02 pm

I had the feeling Talvi was avoiding eye contact with me, he seemed nervous. Of me? I wouldn't be surprised, given my earlier actions. My voice seemed to have abandoned me, I just couldn't find any words to give. So I remained silent, my eyes to the floor, while Selar voiced his want to go to the city. I wondered his reasons for wishing to go and why his voice sounded so... uncomfortable, but at the same time I didn't feel it was my place to ask.

Besides, I was glad of the option of going to the city for a while, to get away from here for a bit, so I nodded. But before anything else, I wanted to have a shower. I felt dirty, the taste of blood still seemed fresh on my tongue, I could almost feel it on my skin. Gently I squeezed Lee's knee, indicating that I was going upstairs. With a quick bow to the rest of the group I headed upstairs, only beginning to get undressed once I was sure I was out of sight. As I moved to the shower I made sure to avoid looking at any mirrors, not wanting to see my own reflection. I turned the water on as hot as I could bear it, the nearly scalding liquid burning away the taint on my skin. I stayed there for a while, watching rivulets of water run over my body. When I stepped out of the shower, I felt a little better for being clean, though the hot water couldn't wash away my thoughts, the haunting images of what I'd done to the others. I dried myself, leaving the bathroom as I did so, then wrapped the towel round my body, leaving my hair to dry naturally. Before I left the bedroom, I grabbed a jacket to cover my arms.

By the time I made my way back downstairs I noticed the others had left, probably to prepare for going to the city. I looked around, noticing how Selar had fallen asleep on one of the chairs. I approached him, stroking his hair lightly and smiling. He was sweet and very intelligent, I couldn't believe how badly he'd been treated, I wanted to be better for him, despite my many flaws. My thoughts turning briefly to the child within me. One of the things that had scared me most during my captivity with the hyena was not my own safety, but that of my unborn son or daughter. My hand settled on my belly, tears beginning to well in my eyes.
Nach oben Nach unten
Skythe
Alpha
Alpha
Skythe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 213

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyFr Nov 08, 2013 9:49 am

It was a rather cold day when I stepped over the border, took a deep breath and smelled my home.
It had been a while I left, but I could still find this scent I was born in, as home. Happily I stepped down the hills, heading to the forest.
It would take a while to reach the center of the territory, the big meeting place, but I didnt travel for long when a hawk went down and landed right infront of me.
"Alexa! I cant believe my eyes! You are back! Why... oh. Man... what happened to you?" I was a little confused in the first moment, then I remembered my new decoration I already accepted as a part of me.
Thats a long story Maruschka. But I´m back now. And holy shit, I will never leave again!
"Didnt you leave with a young man? Where is he?"
I dont want to talk about that, like I said, its a long story. Would you be so kind, and tell the Walkers there will be a meeting tonight? But dont tell them Im back. It shall be a surprise.
"Of course! Glad you are back!"
Then he headed off. I looked after him for a while, then I went on my way again. The ground felt so familiar, the air was cold and clean. Snow would fall soon, I could feel it in my muscles. But I felt this inner warmth of being home now, trying to forget what happened within the last weeks. (I think weeks?)
But also... there was some unfamiliar scent, like from unknown walkers, smelled kind of bad but I ignored it. When the sun was starting to went down, I took a stop at a small waterflow and took a drink, seeing myself in the water. Besided seeing me being back, my new marks would sure be shock. I wondered if everything just went on peacefully while I was gone, or if something happened. Maybe Eiri already got her child? I didnt even knew for how long I was gone anymore. I stood up again and walked to the meeting place. When I reached the place, I hided myself a little behind the rock, some animals already at the place. I looked around for the tipical faces of Eiri, Lee and Talvi, also Damon. Talvi soon shown up, then Eiri and Lee too. They looked damaged, but I couldnt really say from my spot I was at. Before the sun would got lost completely, Maruschka landed on the leaders rock and spoke to the people who then lifted their heads.
"Great you are all here! You wont believe who is back!"
Move yourself from my rock Maruschka! I heard Damon who shortly snapped after Maruschka who flied up a tree over him. I then lifted behind him, lifted my voice.
Your rock?
He turned his head around shocked for a moment, I seen ears flew up. Then I stepped forward, onto the rock at Damons side. When I looked into the faces infront of me, I seen happiness for a moment, then pure shocked and confused faces.
You... are back?
Obviously. Dunno what happened while I was gone, but I burn for hearing it from you all within the next days. Just called you hear to finally see you all back.
It was silent. The word "burn for it" wasnt really a good picked one, since part of my face was nearly destroyd with a big fire mark as also one ear partly missing. I worn a big bold rope around my neck, with the firesoul necklace on it, and half of my tail was cut off. New scars decorated my hind legs, where the fur was partly missing now. It must have looked scary for the walkers who knew me since years as proud beautiful black wolf. This silence was creepy as hell... I then noticed Selar who had stepped up the rock and stared at me. I felt bad for that I had left the kid, though he would have needed me. When I just gave him a tender but unsure smile, he jumped forward, pressed himself into my chest fur. It felt good to have at least one person positive at me, though the others cooled down from their shock now too and started smiling again. Then I heard some silent snarling behind me.
And you think by coming back, you easily just take back your leadership eh?!
I lifted myself up, turned around and looked cold into his eyes. I felt how nervous he was, he felt somethin like an aura. On my way back some unknown walkers told me often, that I would have something about me, something that makes others feel how strong I was, mentally spoken as physical.
We can sure fight for it, but I just left you the leadership till I come back if you remember.
He was silent, his ears down and his body pose told me he was nearly sinking in the ground. Dunno what it was exactly that gave me that "aura" while the time outside the territory, but hell it felt good.
Damon just nodded. Then uuh... welcome back.
I nodded at him, gave a head wink and closed the meeting with that. Some went to me, Selar followed me step by step and I was welcomed by the oldest of my friends. When the most of them where gone then, I went over to the silent group of Talvis troup, Lee and Eiri, also Melissa and (omg I forgot his name ._. the old one). They seemed rather silent, distanced. It felt weird. I stepped to Eiri, who turned around her head surprised that I was right behind her.
Seems like I havent missed it I said, nodding to her belly which was much more rounded since I left.
I then looked at Talvi. Feels good to see you guys back. I want a report from you Talvi. Haha a report of everything what happened. Well, I will head off for now. Walked for so long, you know. I will go to the sand hole and sleep there. See you guys.
My one ear lifted straight when I felt someone at my leg. It was Selar again who pressed himself into me.
Oh boy hehe. You... wanna join me?
"Uhm..." He looked at Eiri and Lee, I was a little confused.
"Yes!" (please tell me what colour he has... *sigh*
I turned around and headed off to the training sand hole, Selar at my side. I left them the view on my half tail, before getting lost behind the more and more winter-empty bushes, leaving the "why return" and "what happened" in their heads.
Nach oben Nach unten
https://skythegames.forumieren.com
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptySa Nov 09, 2013 11:08 am

(Great to see you back, Sky! :DSorry to post out of turn but I'd thought I'd answer your questions in the post. The older one's called Hefray, and Selar's colour (I think) is this? Like I said, sorry for posting out of line, I believe Feya is up next to post?)
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptySo Nov 10, 2013 9:20 am

So Lex has returned. Somehow we were all confused and suprised, aspecially from her new "look". What has happened to her?

It has been weeks since the hyenas attacked Eiri and we went to the city together. I sighed. What will happen now? What will happen to our life now? Will Lex also try to chase us away? What will happen to Selar? I looked down to the floor and sighed. Selar. He has been like a son for me, but somehow it seemed I wasn't so important for him. I shook my head, turning to Eiri. This is my future, this is my life. I pressed my head into Eiris fur. "Let's go home." I whispered. I turned to the rest of the group. "So, life will never be boring. Everyday something new. Talvi, when you are reporting to Lex, please, tell her about Damon's opinion toward us. And tell her about the hyenas." I turned around, ready to leave. Hefray went off to the village and Eiri and I went back to our house. Melissa remained, but I didn't turned around to see where she would go. My thoughts were all about Eiri and our unborn child now. She seemed somehow depressed after the attack of the hyenas. I pocked her with my nose, trying to cheer her up. But she just smiled gently. I sighed. When has life became so hard?

I opened the door to our house. We stepped inside, then I turned around fast, pressing Eiri carefully against the wall and kissing her passionate on her lips. Then I looked into her eyes. The light was still turned off and it was all dark in the house. "Please Eiri, Kitty, tell me what has happened? What troubles you? Let me help you. Remember, I'm always there for you."
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyDi Nov 12, 2013 8:21 am

The return of Lex was welcomed almost by everyone, but I did wonder if she would agree with my actions, or take Damon's side over mine. Things had gotten a lot more complex now. Even putting the events of recent times aside, the appearance of Lex, alone and partially dismembered was worrying. It didn't bode well. Was she exposed to the humans as a Skinwalker? And what happened to Chuck?

I could see I was not the only one worried, however. I noticed Lex take a quick glance at my wound. I can't say I was surprised, but I was concerned she might ask why, and as much as I was wary of Eirian and her 'episodes', I wouldn't drop her in it. It would only cause more problems. My main priority was to set the record straight with Lex, as Lee mentioned. After all, they all risked exile... or worse.

I asked Melissa to accompany me to observe the 'truth in my words', and although she seemed hesitant at first (no doubt because of her and Lex's previous run-in), she eventually came around.

We caught up to Lex, who seemed to be heading to her house judging by her direction, the one that Chester, Nokta and I had sworn to protect and preserve to our best abilities in our leader's absence. She paused briefly, allowing us to walk by her side. Seeing her new scars for the second time made it all the more harrowing. I tried not to look, instead focusing on the report. "I'll be honest, Lex, the times here have not been easy in your absence..."

She did not seem surprised, and as she continued walking silently, I continued. "Firstly, the man you killed. He had... friends. Luckily we dealt with them, but not before they could terrorise some of the pack members. How they stayed hidden for this long remains a mystery, particularly so closely within our territory."

Lex looked at my wound again. "Is that how you got that?"

"Oh, that's..." I paused. "...It's nothing."

Lex wasn't convinced. She was a lot smarter than that, but I paid no mind. "Secondly, and more disturbingly, is the whole Damon vs. Lee incident."

I noticed an ear point upward. That caught her interest. "Selar's parents tried to force him to leave the pack as they didn't want him around to weaken us. He ran to Lee and Eirian, and they offered to take him in. But Selar's parents went to Damon, who in turn arrived on the door of Lee's house, demanding that Selar disappear. He then went on to demand that Lee and Eirian either leave or die. They fought, Damon stabbed him, I intervened. Then, Damon stabbed me, which in turn is why he has a new set of bite scars on his throat. As of now, they are still at odds. What should we do, Lex?"
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyDi Nov 12, 2013 2:44 pm

My breathing was slightly quick, a consequence of the passionate kiss I had just shared. It had taken me by surprise. Lee managed to invoke brief flairs of contentment, and even passion, within me, but the negative thoughts would soon return. I had tried to hide them from him, but it seems I had not tried hard enough. I found I could not look away from his gaze, even in the low light of the house I could see how intently he was staring at me. I sighed, knowing I couldn't put it off any longer.
"Lee.. I... I just, I was so scared.. For my baby. Now I just can't seem to let that fear go, when I walk around, when I'm trying to fall asleep, as I bathe, eat, look outside. Whatever I do, I'm terrified something else will happen to put our child in danger."
My hand rests on my stomach, now a definite bump, as a tear runs down my cheek. While I was glad Lex had returned to take leadership back from Damon, I couldn't hide the apprehension, the dread, I felt at knowing she would soon learn of all that had happened while she had been away. I also found myself wondering why she was so scarred now, where her human friend was. It was frightening and I worried about bringing my child into this world of turmoil.
"Now Lex is back, what if she sides with Damon? What if she learns of my attack on the others? Of how Selar's parents don't want him. She could drive he and I away, or.. worse.. "
I felt a thumb brush my tear away, arms circling round my shoulders, bringing me close to Lee's chest. Almost as though of their own accord, my hands reach round to his back and grab the material of his shirt, fingers gripping tightly.

For a while we stay this way, embraced in the darkness, while I listen to the steady beat of his heart. It calms me a little. A strange mix of feelings wash over me and suddenly I feel shy, a blush heating my cheeks, almost burning the path the tear traveled. I wonder if I should say something, but I can't think of the words.
Nach oben Nach unten
Skythe
Alpha
Alpha
Skythe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 213

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyMi Nov 13, 2013 2:07 am

I lifted my head, looking at Talvi for a moment before Selar came out of the bushes, a squirrel between his teeth.
Looch fat I cacht! I gave him a soft smile, feeling how my blank skin near my ear itches.
Well done Selar.
Now that you are back you stay with us forever wont ya?
I thought of it for a second, then pressed my forehead against his.
I will, I promise. He yapped happily and jumped off again. Seems like he found hunting for his own natural fun, so I let him run off.
When he just hopped off, I shoved my head to Melissa that she may follow him silently. A watching eye over a kid, was always good, also I could be alone with Talvi I still had my trust in as a guard.
We just reached the sand hole, and I slided down to an edge, where the grass grew through the sand and a small earth slope hang over that spot, where I sat down.
Uhm... I thought you go home?
I am. I have no use for a house anymore, I decided to stay animal. Forever. I havent seen my human face since... well I think I couldnt deal with it. At least I am "someone" as animal, not like in human form. My ear folded down a little, sad and fixing a spot on the ground. Then I shook my head a little, lifted the ear again too.
It seems like I missed something. Hyenas eh? I will search them. There is no walker I havent found yet if I wanted to! Hyenas in a forest, are most unusual species, and when the humans see them here, we can forget our way of living! They will come to search them, and many like the chance to shoot on other animals too when on the search for some special ones. Trophys and such crap! Grr nah. So. About Damon, I will have a talk to him, as also to Selars parents.
As far as I got it, Damon overreacted again, and there is no damn strenght picking within my pack! Everyone can stay, as long as they dont make trouble that risks our hiding at the humans. I knew something like that could happen... still he was the best for the leading job. At least for a short time, seems I came back in time.

I lifted my hind leg and scratched on the fire mark on my head, what stopped the itching a little, but some small spots started bleeding again, since it wasnt a too old wound.
I just shook my head again and layd down on the ground. I wished to lick the wound I couldnt reach, but for now just inhaling the soft smell of the training pups that have been here days before. Scent of home. I shortly smiled, then looked up to the sitting Talvi, who I catched staring at me. I seen the questions in his eyes, was just wondered he hadnt asked yet, then hang my neck into a comfortable pose so I could still watch the sand hole, but the weight of my head not being heavy to carry.
Nach oben Nach unten
https://skythegames.forumieren.com
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 EmptyMi Nov 13, 2013 9:46 am

I pulled Eiri nearer, taking a deep breath of her smell. "Believe in us. We will do it. And we will do it together, you wont be alone. Don't be scared. I don't think Lex will chase you away."I hope so..."And believe me, you will be the best mother on earth."

We remained hugging eachother for a while, then I lifted her body up and carried her upstairs, laying down on the bed together. I buried my face in her hair, fondling her arms, her belly, her cheek. After some minutes I began to speak again. "So what do you think? Will it be a wolf or a second kitty?" I smiled and kissed her on her cheek. She shrugged her shoulders.

Then the night went on. We were talking a lot, laughing and finally we fell asleep.

---

I woke up the next morning and I felt very good. Talking with Eiri was taking a heavy load from my shoulders. I yawned and turned around, looking into Eiri eyes. "Good morning, Kitty." She smiled and I kissed her. I stretched my arms and left the bed. "I'll go for a run and I will bring something for a breakfast." I put on some clothes, jumped back into the bed to kiss Eiri again and left the house.

I began to run in my wolf form for some minutes, then I changed into a relaxed trot. I felt so...light today. I was happy, nothing could spoil my mood. Even not Damon, who was sitting between some trees. I passed him smiling and continued troting. This was the best day for some time.

Then an excited wolf ran into me. Then I identified her as Charey, a mother of my old pack. "Lee..." She was breathing heavy, I could hardly understand her. "Charey, take a deep breath. Whats thrilling you on this beautiful morning?" The sun was shining through the trees. "Lee...you...you have to come with me. It's about Hefray." I freezed. "Hefray...?" "Yes...he..." "Which way?" She began running again and I followed her. We reached the borders of the village and stepped to a dig. Hefray was laying in his wolf form there, blood all around.  "Hefray!"

His eyelids twitched, his ears were moving slowly. "...Lee..." I switched into my human form, kneeling down next to his head. "What has happened?" A darkbrown deer began to speak. "He was attacked by hyenas. He tried to rescue a pup, which was chased by them." I looked down into Hefrays eyes. His view wasn't clear. "Sorry..." He tried to smile.

Hefrays heartbeat slowed down. "So...I will die without a mate..." He coughed, blood was flooding out his mouth. "Hefray, when you're dying now, I promise you, I will kill you a second time. Don't leave me my friend." His eyes closed and he coughed again. I could hear drumming paws on the forest floor, then Melissa was staying behind me. "Hefray!" She kneeled down on his other side, fondling his fur. "Lee, there is something..." "Don't say goodbye. We will bring you to a hospital and everything will be good again." Hefray tried to smile, but he was to weak. "I guess...it's too late. You are the best friend I ever had." He coughed again. "And actually...you always were the better leader. Do it better. Don't make the same...mistakes." "Hefray..." His heartbeat slowed down more, his breathes got weaker. Then his heart stopped beating. Everything got silent, nobody said a word.

Slowly tears began to run down my cheek. "Hefray!" I screamed, yelped and whimpered and I was still crying. I didn't know why, but I just couldn't stop. I showed my emotions infront of all these people. I looked down on Hefray, his eyes seemed lifeless. Depressions overcoming me.

The last thing I saw was Melissa, her fingers on Hefrays hindlimb to feel his pulse, her eyes dilated amazed. "Lee, he..." But I couldn't hear her. I couldn't see Hefrays motionless body anymore. I turned around, switching to my wolf form, running into the forest. I just lost the man I called my brother.

I was running for a long time, blind from the tears in my eyes. My legs were hurting, but I kept running, till I couldn't feel them anymore. My paws were bleeding and blood was running out of my nose. I was just before collapse as I reached a cliff and stopped. I was stepping to the edge.

I was breathing hard, blood dripping on the floor. My body was burning from pain. I looked down into the deep, then up to the horizon. And there he was. Hefray. He was staying there, asking to play. I sighed, looked down again and back to him. "Hefray, my friend..." His picture vanished in sunbeams. I closed my eyes, preparing to go a step further.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 6 Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Skinwalker
Seite 6 von 8Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Weiter

Befugnisse in diesem ForumSie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten
Skythe Games :: Role play :: English-
Gehe zu: