Skythe Games
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

Das Rollenspiel Forum von Skye Nova

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Skinwalker

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Skythe
Alpha
Alpha
Skythe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 213

Skinwalker - Seite 5 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyMi Okt 02, 2013 5:58 am

Nah. I think it´s okay this way. Those stupid hunters and these dumb dogs! I snarled silently still in human form though.
It´s morning soon. *sigh* That means the meeting is tomorrow. Wow, one month gone again, time runs by. I think you should go home now, find some sleep. You will guide the troop tomorrow again. Dont forget to be at the meeting.
I stood up and went into the kitchen, still a bit weak on my legs, grabbing myself some food.
Oh Talvi, thanks. That was all I gave from me before closing the kitchen door behind me. When I heard him leaving I came out again, lying on my bed. I hated the feeling of when I was hurt and someone was around me I couldnt really say much about. I covered myself in the blanket again and thought of the pups and all what happened before I was knocked out till I felt asleep once more. When I woke up at evening, I already felt better. Seems like my body took what it needed. When I walked through my small house and cleaned off some last blood markings here and there, I had to think of Chucks. He would come back at the morning of the meeting. Finally. I felt much happier even thinking about it.
As evening came, I went into the forest. I walked slowly, my neck as wolf looked like chewed up, some fur parts missing. When the moon shown up, I sat down on my stone, lifted my head and gave a howl that went very far. It would tell the walkers all around, that the meeting was tomorrow night. Just minutes after my howl, Damon showed up in the shadows.
Evening. A month again eh? You look like shit.
A lady loves to hear that Damon.
Hehe you know what I meant. You should go home and rest instead of being here and howl out for the meeting.
I cant stand this loneliness in my house for now. I will spend my time here at the meetings den.
You mean that old stinky earth hole under the stones you sit on? Thats not a place for you he said while pushing out his tongue disgusted.
I will just stay here. You can watch around and lead new ones who are here earlier than they should to the meeting place.
Hm. Somehow weird what happened till the last month when the new ones showed up.

It´s somehow like a bad dream eh? It will go by. So. I will leave now, see you tomorrow and have a good night in that... brrr den.
He shook himself once more, before leaving. Instead of going down there, I just layd down on the rock, closed my eyes and relaxed, enjoying the scent of the forest and listening for all the sounds around me.
Nach oben Nach unten
https://skythegames.forumieren.com
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 46

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyMi Okt 02, 2013 7:10 am

I was glad she was back to her usual self, but I couldn't help but feel an amount of concern for Lex. She'd dealt with so much since my arrival. Yet, she was still standing. I had to admire her strength of character. It reminded me of my previous self. I used to be headstrong and outward, but time and tragedy had made me feel cold and hollow. Being with Lex made me miss the wolf I once was. It made me feel closer to being alive...

I decided to spend the day talking things over with Chester and Nokta, who were both grateful to hear the good news about Lex. We spent the day wandering around the woods, seeing if there was any potential for a recurring danger. There was none. No camp, no forest hideout for the humans. Nothing.

The night came, illuminated by the divine light of the moon. I stared at it with awe, as I did most nights whilst it was similarly radiant. In the background, I could hear Lex howl. It was a serene moment. Nokta and Chester sparred by the riverbank, though naturally, Nokta seemed to have the upper hand. Suddenly, though, the air changed. My companions fell silent, and I too was drawn out of my moon-touched trance. I sniffed, and when I eventually identified the scent, I felt that horrible, boiling rage... This person had come from the place I used to call 'home'. I heard a rustle come from a bush a few metres to my right. I growled, and went to attack, but Nokta stopped me, whispering in my ear. "You're our troop leader, so don't throw yourself in blindly, Talvi. That's what we're for..."

I nodded. "Capture, don't kill. I want to know what they're up to."

Nokta pounced into the bushes, followed by a rather rampant-looking Chester. As I slowly walked over to the prize they had dragged out by the scruff of their neck, I recognised the perpetrator, and I wasn't pleased. "Suzi? What are you doing here?"

Nokta pinned her, to prevent her for struggling. "You know this she-wolf, Talvi?"

Suzi was a female wolf from my old tribe. Indeed, she had no business following me here. Besides, the fact that she was here meant that she had followed me for the past couple of years. Was she exiled too? Or was there something more to it? "Nokta, release her."

He did so, and as she stood, she growled at him. Her attention then turned to me. "Talvi? Is that... really you?"

I stayed silent, but she already knew it was me. "Talvi! I'm so glad you're okay! Talvi!" She ran over to me, rubbing her face against mine in a perhaps misguided display of affection. Of course, I knew her game. Suzi was a girl with aspirations to become the alpha female. She didn't care who it was she had to court with, as long as it got her the end result. During my short time as alpha after the death of my father, she had tried endlessly to force her way into my heart, to no avail. At the time, I had my eye on another flower altogether. I nudged her away with my snout, giving her the coldest look I could. The fact she was here meant one of two things...

"Give it up. It might be mating season, but it doesn't mean I'll fall for your tricks." I growled at her furiously. "Why have you followed me here?!"

She was shocked at first, then she seemed disappointed. "You've changed, Talvi..." She padded the ground timidly. "I came to tell you about the identity of the traitor..."

"It was Ragnar, wasn't it?" I don't understand how I came to that conclusion without any evidence, but judging by Suzi's reaction, I was right. Maybe Lex's advice about following my instincts was beginning to pay off. Nonetheless, I continued, seemingly driven by paranoia. "There's two reasons why you'd follow me all this way. Either you've fallen out of favour with the new leader, and in your exile, you've come seeking refuge with the only person you know outside of the clan, or much more likely, Ragnar wants me dead, and you've followed me here so you can run back to him and tell him of my whereabouts."

"TALVI! Listen to yourself! It's not what you think! I-"

"Save it!" I roared at her with the years of rage and agony I had bottled up. Poor Chester and Nokta must've been so confused by this situation. After I scared this girl into silence, I continued in a quieter, yet crueler tone. "You're not welcome in this territory. Leave, or die. The choice is yours."

At last, she dropped her facade. "...Fine. I've found out what I needed to know. Goodbye, Talvi." And with that, she turned and fled. I was trembling. I felt my anger sear away at my body. This build-up of negative emotion would surely kill me someday. Chester approached slowly, looking to comfort me. "Talvi, are you okay? Should we chase her?"

I gulped, still very tense. But my voice, at least, didn't show it, even if the trembling did. "No. We'll stay here tonight. We'll report this to Lex tomorrow night, and then we'll go from there. Simple as that."

Nokta interrupted. "Is there something else that we need to know?"

I directed my icy blue eyes toward Nokta. "...No."
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyMi Okt 02, 2013 10:03 am

I sensed Lee's return to the room and opened my eyes, looking up at him, though the frown made me tense. Was he angry?
"Is everything ok with you?"
I tilted my head, confused by the sudden question. Had I been acting different? Did I look different?
"I uhm... Yeah, I think so? Why?"
He didn't respond, but continued to frown, before waving his hand as though to dismiss the thoughts he was having. He must have seen the worried look on my face, because he smiled at me,
"Ah it's nothing, nevermind."
Even though he smiled, I still felt uneasy about his question. I had noticed a few odd things about myself lately, but I hadn't really thought too much about them, with so much going on, I figured it was just stress. I returned suddenly to my human form, sitting on the bed, still looking intently at Lee. He walked over, gave me a quick kiss and smiled again.
"Don't worry about it, I'll be downstairs okay?"
I nodded and he left the room. I listened to his footsteps as they descended the stairs, then sighed. My stomach growled. I laughed a little, it had been a while since I'd eaten anything, but I hadn't noticed till now. I stood up, intending to go downstairs to join Lee and get something to eat. Only, that didn't happen. As soon as I stood, my stomach lurched and my head swam. I staggered to the bathroom, kneeling in front of the toilet and retching, but there was only acid in my stomach to bring up. It burned my throat. I whined slightly, wondering what the heck was happening to me. After a long while, I was finally able to stand, my legs wobbling. I carefully made my way back into the bedroom, looking out the window at the forest.
Perhaps a run in the fresh air will do me some good?

Slowly making my way down the stairs, I called through to Lee,
"Honey, I'm just going for a run, need to stretch my legs."
I heard his voice, but I didn't catch the words of his reply, for I was already out the door, shifting to animal form when I reached the trees. I was shaky at first, my legs didn't want to run, but eventually I settled into my stride. As I ran, the nausea began to fade, the cool air filling my lungs. I paused at a small river to drink, the water easing my sore throat, hoping I'd be able to keep it down. A few moments passed and I seemed fine, so I took another, longer drink. I looked at the water, then dipped my front feet into the river, then my legs, before slipping my whole body into the water. It was cold, but I welcomed the sting to my muscles, it drove away the rest of my sick feeling. I began to swim, making powerful strides to keep myself from getting too cold. I lost track of time in the water, I'd always loved swimming so I spent as long as I could doing so, but eventually I clambered back onto the bank, shaking myself and sending droplets of water flying. I heard a howl from elsewhere in the forest, recognising the voice as Lex's, telling us about another meeting. Could it have been a month already? Never before had I stayed in one place for so long. My thoughts turned to Lee, making me turn for home. Now the nausea had faded, I felt ravenous. As I padded through the forest, I let my thoughts wander, the sounds of the forest providing a calming atmosphere.
"You killed him..."
The voice made me leap into the air, a short roar (which sounded more like a chuffing cough) escaping me. I spun to find the source of the sound, ears flat against my head, eyes dilated, tail lashing; I could see no-one. A chill ran down my spine and I backed away. Was I going insane? No more sounds came, nothing came leaping out of the trees to attack me, so I moved forward cautiously, not wanting to turn my back on a potential danger. I pushed through the undergrowth, finding no-one, nothing but a foul, rancid odour that made my nose wrinkle in disgust. Surely I couldn't imagine this? Unnerved, I quickly made my way back to Lee's house.
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 49

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyMi Okt 02, 2013 11:29 am

I prepared something to eat and then went over to the bathroom. I got the smell of acid. Did Eiri vomit?I jumped under the shower, taking a fast douche.  I put on some clothes , then I left the house. After a short time I found Eiri in the forest. She was looking around herself, searching for something, but finding nothing.

I stepped over to her, pushing my head under her throat to support her. She smiled gently. We made our way back to our house and switched our forms. I support her to the kitchen, gaving her the food I prepared earlier. "Please eat something. You seem stressed. I don't want you to get ill." She nodded. I looked down her body. There really was something different. I pulled her in my arms. Giving her a fast kiss on her forehead. "I'm worried about you. Is really everything ok? I've smelt acid in the bathroom. Are you feeling ill?"

After we have eaten something, we went to the meeting. Talvi was standing with his troop, Lex was laying on her stones, Hefray and Melissa were standing offside. I walked over to them, always my view on Eiri.

(Sorry, I don't know more at the moment. But I wont be home tommorrow and I don't want to make you wait for my post.)
Nach oben Nach unten
Skythe
Alpha
Alpha
Skythe

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyDo Okt 03, 2013 12:11 am

Time went by and the amount of people grew with every hour. There came a lot of people, chating while waiting for possible new walkers. And as I thought, there where some. At least 3 new faces, a wolf male, a cat male and a hawk female. I had an other look over the place also noticing Lee and Eiri. Eiri had something... new about her. I kept my view onto her till Damon stepped beside me, whispering at me, fixing her too with his eyes.
Do you think, what I am thinking?
I guess. Dunno if they know it themselves already... well then.
I stood up, Damon just laying down. This time I didnt care much about him being up here. I called up to open the meeting, and as always I spoke the tipical words of welcome. It took an hour, then all the basic stuff was said and the walkers again mixed up chatting, free to leave or stay a little longer.
I watched over the mass of people, lying down again as I noticed that the new cat male, a proud snow leopard and an watersoul, went to Eiri. To me it seemed like he was flirting to her. I chuckled a little, I was just too curious to see how Lee would react to that, standing at her side and nearly getting no attention from the cat male who fixed Eiri.
Sadly I couldnt watch for long because Talvi and his troop showed up at the foot of the stone. Seemed like a report. I looked at Damon who already jumped down and mixed himself under the walkers to hear around. I layd my head on my front legs, nearly being eye to eye then with Talvi for a report.
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyDo Okt 03, 2013 6:30 am

"Lex, we found another new walker last night, except..." I paused, trying to find the right words to say. It wasn't necessary for Lex to know how I felt about it. "She's not 'new'. She's a member of my original pack, and she must've followed me here. No doubt she was here to cause trouble of some kind..."

"Are you sure about that, Talvi?" Lex asked. Like a good leader, she dug for the facts.

"Positive."

Chester and Nokta nodded too, though I doubt it added any weight to my report. I continued, regardless. "It is my strong belief that she would lead their new leader, Ragnar, right here, in an attempt to kill me and anybody else who dared stand in his way."

"So, what did you do?"

"We drove her out of your territory, Lex, and warned her that next time she trespassed here, she would be hunted," Nokta added in his low, guttural voice.

I bowed my head to Lex, signalling the end of my report. I only hoped I had done the right thing in her eyes...
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyDo Okt 03, 2013 9:54 am

I felt myself pulled into Lee's arms, the kiss upon my forehead.
"I'm worried about you. Is really everything ok? I've smelt acid in the bathroom. Are you feeling ill?"
I tensed. So he knew. I didn't know what to say to him, I wasn't even sure myself what was wrong, or rather... wasn't ready to admit to myself what it might be. I managed to smile,
"Don't worry, I just had a bit of nausea, I feel okay now, aside from being hungry!"
I laughed a little, trying to turn the conversation, it seemed to work, for he smiled and we got something to eat.

~~~~

At the meeting I felt nervous, as usual, trying to keep to the sidelines and not catch anyone's gaze. I could feel someone's eyes on me though and I looked up to see Lex and Damon staring at me. I looked away sharply, keeping my eyes on my feet.
Why are they staring at me? Did I do something wrong? Maybe... it was the dogs thing?
I shuffled my feet, keeping my gaze to the floor while the meeting commenced. I felt like a coiled spring the entire time, my muscles bunched up and tight. Nothing was directed at, or about, me though, so I was able to breathe a sigh of relief when the meeting was over. Though, now the question remained, why had they been staring at me? I wracked my brain, trying to figure it out.

It was then I noticed the snow leopard approaching, I glanced around myself, wondering who he might be looking for, only realising when he was a few steps away that he was looking right.. at.. me. I shied away, searching for Lee, but the new watersoul was soon in front of me, blocking my way. He grinned but that only made me back away again, a look of confusion passed over the snow leopard's face, but was soon replaced by another smile.
"Aww, pardon me miss, I didn't mean to frighten one as pretty as you. The shy ones unaware of their own beauty are always the best."
He came closer, his magnificent plume of a tail swaying slightly behind him. His coat was beautiful and I was pretty sure he knew it, but I sure wasn't interested, he just intimidated me.
"I.. I uhm... s-sorry I'm not..."
"Not what miss? Oh I see, you're not pretty is that what you're trying to say?"
The watersoul continued for a while, I was sure he was flirting outrageously with me, commenting on my body, eyes, fur, how much he liked them, but I didn't quite know how to deal with it. I'd never interacted with others much, especially not males who were interested like that. Lee came right up next to me then, but the leopard ignored him, continuing to talk to me as though he didn't exist. I tried again to say something, but he interjected.
"I'd like to get to know you better, come on, let's take a walk."
He brushed up against me, trying to lead me away from the meeting place, still with the smile on his face.
"I.. uhm.. n-no.. I don't think that's... such a good idea.."
I tried to move round and away from him, looking to Lee, who's face was deadpan, expressionless. Frightening.
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyFr Okt 04, 2013 7:11 am

"She said no." I stepped forward a bit. The snowleopard turned around to me, finally looking into my eyes. "And who are you?" I raised up to my full size, presenting my necklace. "I can be your baddest dream if you want. But I don't want to hurt you, so just leave it there. She said no." I stepped infront of Eiri, protecting her with my body. Somehow I felt like I had to protect her even more. What is happening...?

The snowleopard faced me. "And why the hell should I leave it there? She's a cat just like me. And I like her. Come on Wolf, get your ass away and let me talk to this beautiful girl."

I growled. I got angry and ... bloodthirsty. I had to protect my ... family? I shaked my head. What was all this about? I growled again to the snowleopard, louder this time. He went back two steps and I went two steps forward. I snaped into the air, as a voice caught my attention.

"Stop it!" Damon stood next to me, growling. "Damon, this is not your business. He has gone to far. And I have the feeling I have to protect Eiri even more." I shaked my head again, trying to clear my mind, but all I could think about was blood. "You really don't know right?" I raised my head. Suddenly my mind was cleared. Eiri was just as confused as I was. "What?"  "What is it Damon? What is it we don't know?" Damon grinned.
Nach oben Nach unten
Skythe
Alpha
Alpha
Skythe

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyFr Okt 04, 2013 7:48 am

Not so much of a good decission, you should have kept her here. But no matter who she comes back with, if they enter my territory with bad ideas, I will for sure kill them myself!
I cought up a moment, looking around noticing that I still was wounded. Luckily they would need a long time to come here. I planned to train harder when I would be all healthy again.
I got ripped out of my mind, when I heard what was going on over at the cats. There was Damon who was now laughingly leaving.
I rolled my eyes, jumped down the rock and went over to them. I looked more like a half eaten meal than a wolf with that wound, but I lifted myself up as much as I could.
Come on, dont tell me you havent noticed yet?
Guuuh great one more, and who are you now bitch?!
My ear switched over to him, one lip went up directly, showing my fangs, then I jumped to the side, hitting him and throwing him to the ground.
Watch your mouth man! I had a really bad day, you wont make it worse!
She´s the leader here. Lees voice sounded kind of... gleeful.
After the cat had a look on my necklace and kinda remembered my speech on the stone, he let his eyes sink to the ground. I stood up again from him and turned over to Lee and Eiri.
Come on Lee, have you never seen or scented a pregnant woman? Gosh. I stepped away again, making a short tour, saying hello to some people. Then when the morning came, I just left the place and went home again. A weird meeting, as always...
When I was at my houses door, I started thinking about Eiri and Lee, what it would mean to them to make their family bigger, but then I got broken on that. I heard sounds coming from the street, steps. I turned around, seing a silhouette walking towards me. I silently growled, then I had that scent in my nose and the silhouette stepped into the small light at my houses door.
Chuck!
I jumped forward, hanging myself on him.
Why are you here so early? I thought you come back tonight, and not in the morning.
I thought I surprise my lil girl. Come in, I have brought you something from the trip.
We went inside and he told me everything about his trip, though I also had to tell him where the new wound came from.
When he gave me the bunch of little gifts, we just layd down on the bed, keeping talking till we fell into sleep.
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyFr Okt 04, 2013 8:34 am

Lex had made a good point. Surely I should've come to that conclusion myself. Maybe it was the 'history' between us that clouded our judgement. Thank god it would take her a very long time to return home; it would give us the advantage of preparation. That's if I was definitely correct in assuming that she was in league with Ragnar. Now I began to doubt my judgement. My gut feeling had worn off, which left me pursuing the logic of my actions in my head. I couldn't change what had happened now, though, so it would be best to prepare for the worst-case scenario, and for that I would need to be stronger. Much stronger, perhaps to the point where I surpassed my physical peak from my battle days. It was amazing how wandering can rob one of their physicality, such was the price of years of self-preservation. Though I had not lost too much strength, I would utilise my troop to acquire my peak once more. Coupled with the techniques I had learnt on my journey, I would be a valuable asset to Lex and the pack.

The conversation that happened behind me caught my attention briefly, but only briefly. I had enough things to worry about than get involved in an argument with a young upstart who'd yet to learn his place. Still, I heard the word 'pregnancy', and that made me think. Boy, wolves work quickly...

In a way, it was nice to not have all the attention focused on me. It would mean less distractions, and...

I felt my heart tug in my ribcage. What was that about? Was I...? Surely not. I couldn't be. I dismissed it as seasonal emotion.

I didn't bother too much with getting to know the new walkers, other than greeting them and introducing myself and my counterparts, Chester the bear and Nokta the panther. It was a little awkward trying to talk to the snow leopard; he reeked of arrogance, and didn't really seem to respect rank or affiliation here. A cute habit, but one that he would undoubtedly grow out of if he wished to survive here. Still, his naivety was touching.

The three of us left and spent the rest of our time discussing training regimens, potential patrol hotspots, and also the possible addition of new members, all of which would have to be discussed with Lex in order to finalise.

I enjoyed this time I spent with them (though I kept it on the inside), and my first sparring match with Nokta was interesting. I told him to fight like he meant it, and he respected my wish. After about half an hour, we both got tired and called a stale-mate. I had another spar with Chester much later, and he had improved extraordinarily. When I offered him my praise, he almost flipped out in joy, which was solved by Nokta rolling him over and sitting on him until he calmed down.

I no longer had any reservations or regrets about coming here. This was my home. And if Ragnar came to spoil it... I'd tear his head from his body.

Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptySa Okt 05, 2013 6:21 am

Pregnant?
I had suspected. More than suspected. But hearing someone actually say the word had suddenly made the whole situation all the more real. The snow leopard immediately backed off, both from being disciplined by Lex and from the news of my... condition. I watched him slink away, glad he was gone. Only, his departure left me with another problem, a more pressing one. I couldn't look at Lee, I didn't want to see the expression on his face, so I looked down. My emotions felt all over the place; I didn't know whether to feel happy or angry, scared or aggressive, to shout, to cry, to laugh, I didn't know any of these things. But I did know one thing.

I had to think.

I turned away from the meeting place, hearing a voice behind me.
"Eiri..."
I couldn't talk to him, couldn't even look at him. It wasn't that I was angry at him, or that I wished this had never happened, I just didn't know what to say or do, other than getting away from everyone to think about what was happening to me and what it would mean for the future. So I walked away. I felt almost like crying, but no tears came, it was a peculiar feeling. I zoned out from my surroundings, so I didn't know if Lee had started to follow me or not, I could only focus on my thoughts and the raging torrent of emotions inside me. I eventually stopped walking, leaning against a tree and sinking to the ground. I folded my legs up towards my chest, resting my arms on my knees and burying my head in my arms.
I'm pregnant. How can I look after a child? I'm barely keeping myself together. What will Lee think, will he be okay with this, did he ever want this to happen? How I am going to talk to him? I'm so useless... What if.... what if I'm a bad mother?
That last thought hit me hardest, finally causing the tears to starting flowing.
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptySa Okt 05, 2013 7:49 am

Eiri...? She had left, seeming confused. Pregnant? From me? I fell to the ground, didn't know what to do or even think about. Melissa and Hefray came over to me, kneeling down next to my legs. "Hey Lee, what's going on?" I looked up into her eyes. "She...she's pregnant." Hefray smiled. "Buddy, you're really fast." He patted on my shoulder. "Hefray, this is no fun. I don't know what to do. She had left and I think she doesn't want to talk to me. Maybe it's not from me." Melissa pulled me into her arms. "Lee, you're strong, you will do that. And Eiri, I think she loves you, so don't give up. I guess she just needs some time. This is all new for her too." I nodded. "You're right. I'll try to find her and talk to her." I stood up, running into the forest and leaving Melissa and Hefray.

I found a tree and heard a sob. It was Eiri. She was leaning on the tree. I sat down on the other side of the tree, leaning on the bark. "A white jaguar would just look like this stupid snowleopard." I smiled, trying to loosen up the situation. A faint laugh came from the other side of the tree. "Eiri, I will always be there for you. Even if the little one in you is not from me, I'll support you with all my power." I touched her hand, then sliding around the tree, pulling the still crying Eiri into my arms. "We can handle this situation." She sobbed. "W...We?" "Of course we. I wont let you alone. I love you Eiri. I'll be always with you. And you will be a great mother. But you have to decide whether to keep it or not. I'll support you, no matter what your decision it." I kissed her on the forehead. "I'll leave you now if you like and if you need more time on your own. But remember, I'll be always there. Just tell...is it...is it from me?"
Nach oben Nach unten
Skythe
Alpha
Alpha
Skythe

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyMo Okt 07, 2013 8:55 am

I have talked long with Chuck and that he wasnt pleased with me being hurt again. He also had seen nice places outside these lands and he had a plan for us both. For my own surprise, I liked his idea. And so I grabbed all what I wanted to take with me and written a letter while Chuck was gone.

When the sun was showing its face then, I meeted up with him at the market place. He had a backpack with some of his stuffs. We then left the market place, went behind the forests and reached the hills that marked the end of this lands. It felt strange to step over the invisible border, but it kinda freed my heart. I took one look back before going with Chuck.

Later that day, Talvis troop came around my house, searching for me but still not finding me. Instead of me, they found the letter. In the letter was written that I left my homeland with Chuck. See the world, find a place which would be more comfortable and less life risking for me as I was always the one to get hurt or nearly killed. I gave away my house to the troop, especially Talvi who still had no real home. It would be a nice camp for the troop. The leading, I gave to Damon knowing that he knew the territory and how to deal with the people. Maybe there would be leadership fights one day, but it wouldnt be my business. First time in my life, I made myself free from the care about others and felt just like new born.

TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyMo Okt 07, 2013 9:53 am

(See you soon, Sky, hope everything is well :3)

...She's gone.

Those were my first thoughts when I read that letter. They were followed by a horrible, sinking feeling. It left me asking myself yet again, now what do I do? I sat down in the lounge, expressionless as ever as I skimmed through it again, and again. After five minutes, my companions became impatient in their curiosity, and eventually I told them. "Lex is leaving for a while. While she's gone, Damon's in charge, so..."

"So what?" Chester interrupted.

"...I guess we answer to Damon now."

"And you're okay with that, Talvi?"

"Of course," I replied quickly, "Lex chose him."

"You're not concerned, being a Firesoul?" Nokta added.

"I personally don't care about soul colours. If, for some reason, Damon targets me, then I'll be prepared to do what I must. But I'm not about to make an enemy out of him for no real reason. Lex trusts him, so I trust him. Beyond that, I have nothing to say." I grunted, head up high. They would not argue back. I cleared my throat again. "According to this, Lex has left the house under our supervision, but take care; this is not our home, so look after it well. I'll head to the forest to tell Damon the news, and perhaps he'll call an emergency meeting for tonight."

They nodded, and I left them to sort things out with the house. I took the letter with me for good measure. I pursued a longer route to the sand pits, where Damon would undoubtedly be, to clear my mind. To take a breather. At a delicate time like this, I could not afford to be flipping out or making poor decisions. When I felt composed enough to talk to Damon, I hurried again. Training would be over soon.

I arrived with plenty of time to spare, which came as a surprise. Not wishing to interrupt, I stationed myself at the spectator's ridge. Damon watched me ascend, but did not address me, and pressed on with his teachings. When the session ceased, and the children went home, he came to see me. "Isn't this a pleasant surprise?" He mused. "Tell me, why have you come to visit me, especially alone? Where are your 'guardians'?"

My expression did not change, to his apparent disappointment. "They are taking care of Lex's house, where we happened to find this."

I gave him the letter for him to read. He nodded at me, signalling that he was done, and I took back the paper. "I shall howl, signalling a meeting for tomorrow night. Join me."

He began to leave, but stopped as I hesitated to follow, to his annoyance. "Tomorrow night? Why not tonight?"

"Talvi, it's too short notice. Something as important as this needs the attention of the entire pack. Tomorrow night is more flexible."

He made a good point, so I followed. After a while, we reached the stones, and gave our calls. It was a refreshing feeling to announce my presence like this after years of living incognito. As we finished, I went to leave quietly, but Damon blocked my path, clearly bothered about something. "Before you go, I have to ask. Why did you show me the letter? Why not take the leadership for yourself, Firesoul?"

His aggression was irritating, but I ignored it, choosing to be blunt with him instead. "Firesoul or not, it's not my right. Be thankful of my benevolence, as it may yet disappear."

Eyes locked to his, I slowly walked past him. I had no quarrel with him, but I would certainly not roll over for him. As long as he respected that, I would hold my tongue.
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyDi Okt 08, 2013 11:19 am

(Finally managed to upload my picture of Eirian to Deviantart, took a lot longer than I intended... also, okay Sky! Hope to see you in future Smile)

Lee's presence was a comfort now, his arms round me felt secure, his warmth gratefully accepted. I listened to his heartbeat, steady and rhythmic, while he spoke and my crying finally subsided. I couldn't help a small, shy smile creeping onto my face at his final query.
"Considering that you're... my first, I'd say it's yours."
I looked down, absent-mindedly running a hand over my stomach. I was still scared, but a part of me felt a yearning, I didn't think I could give up the child. I sighed, leaning into Lee, pulling his arms round me again.
"I want to keep the child Lee. I.. I'm frightened though.. This is all so new, I have so many emotions... But I know I love you, so I think I'll be okay, if you're with me."
I turned, kissing Lee lightly on the lips; it was still a pleasant surprise the passionate feelings I got from doing so. I looked at him, the urge to kiss him again getting stronger as I did so. I wasn't sure why he found me attractive, given my scars, but I wasn't sure if I could ask him. I stood, holding my hands out for him to take.
"Come on, let's go home."

The next day, I woke before he did. As I looked down at him, I smiled, running my hand over his hair. He stirred, but didn't wake. I leant down, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek before I slipped out of bed to dress myself. I hurried downstairs, searching around until I found a piece of paper and a pencil. I quickly wrote down a note, explaining I was going to spend some time in the forest, before running back upstairs to place said note on the dresser. With that done, I headed outside, planning to spend a bit of time exploring and climbing trees.

Later, I heard the howls, signalling another meeting. Strange, the howl did not come from Lex this time, perhaps something had happened? I looked round myself, rain was beginning to fall, so I decided it was time to head back. As I walked through the forest, the rain got heavier and heavier, I didn't mind though, quite liked it actually. Over the pattering sound of rain on leaves, I almost didn't notice the footfalls behind me. I stopped. So did the steps. Now my heart was beginning to pound, the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end, fear clouding my mind. I began to turn, looking over my shoulder, trying to see what might be following me. Only, there was nothing. Was I paranoid? Hearing things? I started walking again, this time the footsteps didn't follow me, so I hurried back to Lee's house. When I got there, I practically burst through the front door, panting hard and looking as though I'd seen a ghost. Water dripped onto the floor round me and I shivered slightly.
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyMi Okt 09, 2013 1:19 am

(Hope everything is alright at yours, Sky. Hope to see you again soon Wink )

Eiri stumbled into the house. I was sitting in the study room, working on some things, as I heard her footsteps. I jumped up, hurrying to get to her. I supported her, helping to sit down on the couch. "Eiri, what has happened?" She shaked her head, then closing her eyes. "Not...Nothing. I guess thats just the pregnancy." I pulled her into my arms, kissing her on her forehead. "You have to be careful. I don't wanna lose you." I pulled her nearer. "Did you hear the call?" She nodded. "I guess, we have to go to the meeting then. But we still have some time. Get some rest." I kissed her again, then I walked upstairs to get a blanket.

When I came back to the couch, Eiri was already dozing. I covered her with the blanket and went into the kitchen, preparing something to eat.

--------

When it got dark outside, we went to the meeting. As we reached the place, many skinwalkers were already there. Hefray and Melissa came to us. "Hey you two, or better to say you three." She smiled warmly. "Congratulations." She hugged me and then Eiri. I turned to Hefray. "Do you know what has happened?" He shaked his head. "No idea. But I can't see Lex anywhere."
As he said that, Damon climbed up the hill. "Welcome." Talvi stepped next to him. I brooded. What's going on?

They explained the situation to us. That Lex has left and that Damon would be her follower. And that Talvi would get her house, together with his troop. Everybody was quiet, nobody said a word. When Damon finished his speech a loud discussion began. The walkers talked together, thinking about what would happen next. Damon moved down the hill again and came over to us, turning to Hefray. "I'm the new leader. Will you respect me?" That was the formal way to include other firesouls into a pack. Hefray nodded, but he wasn't lowering his head. "I will." Damon nodded, then walked away. Talvi was going to go too, but I went over to him, whispering. I was worried a bit. Even if Damon was the leader now, I had the feeling Talvi has to take a lot responsibility.  "If you need any help, just come to me. I will help you as good as I can." I smiled, then turned back to my group.

On the way home I talked to Eiri about our child, our family. We smiled and laughed together, hopefully looking towards our future. But I was thinking, afraid but still happy. Will it be a boy or a girl? A jaguar or a wolf? Or even a mixture?

---------

I woke up early in the morning. Someone was knocking on the door. I stepped downstairs, opening the door. Surprisingly Selar was staying on the veranda. "Hey Selar. What can I do for you?" He was looking down to the ground, stepping from one feet on the other. "I...my parents chased me away. They said it was all my fault..." I frowned. "Because Lex had to rescue me. They said she had left, because she was hurt by rescuing me and now don't want to lead us anymore. My parents are afraid of Damon. They think that everything will get worse now. They said I have to go. They gave me some things and then chased me away. I don't know where to go now." Selar was nearly crying. I patted his shoulder. "No worry. I'm sure they just made a joke. Why didn't you go to Damon? He's the leader now." "I guess I was afraid. I think he don't like weak children." I smiled warmly. "Ok, come in. I will talk to the adults. Are you hungry?"
I brought him in the kitchen, giving him something ot eat and to drink. Then I walked upstairs again, sitting down on the bed. "Eiri? Selar is here. He's got some...problems I guess. I'll call Hefray. Maybe we can help him." I kissed her and went down in the study room. I called Hefrays number.
"Hefray? It's me, Lee. Selar is here. He said he has been chased away. He's just living with a family, his real parents died. He thinks it's his fault that Lex has left and his parents chased him away. We have to talk to Damon and his parents, but I think he doesn't want to go back to them. Can you help us? You have been an alpha for some time. Maybe you've got a solution." "I'll be right there."
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyMi Okt 09, 2013 9:25 am

Hearing Lee offering me support should I need it made me realise just how cold I had become. I'd been so focused on self-preservation that I'd alienated myself as a result. I whispered under my breath as he walked away. "Th... Thank you."

I had to be honest with myself. I did not feel comfortable with Damon in charge. Something seemed... off. I'd noticed it on patrols, too; often I'd see a shadow lurking in the corner of my eye, or smell a rogue scent nearby, only for it to disappear, leaving my judgement in question. The air seemed heavy, and the last time I felt like this, I was faced with tragedy of which I would never forget.

The night drew onward, and I saw the snow leopard again, only this time he seemed more boistress, perhaps looking for Eirian. Having only arrived recently, he probably thought that this anarchic state of leadership change would be a good time to install himself, because he quite stupidly tried to swipe for Nokta, who had approached to try and calm a dispute between him and another new walker, the young wolf. The panther quite quickly put an end to his aggression, using his body weight to muscle the much more slender cat into a pin. Quick and quiet. That's the way we liked it as guardians.

-------

The first night in Lex's house was odd for me, though it seemed to provide more blissful comfort for Nokta and Chester respectively. We convened in the lounge and discussed the day's proceedings. We would, as usual, spend the morning patrolling and scouting the perimeter of the pack's territory. We would have a lunch break at Lex's house (most convenient), before meeting with Damon after his training sessions in the late afternoon, to discuss additions to the guardians as a precautionary measure. I did mention to them that I wished to visit Lee and Eiri at some point to formally congratulate them on their child-to-be (this was undoubtedly fuelled by my realisation of mentality towards socialisation).

We headed out on our morning travels, which for the most part revealed to be uneventful. We passed the hilly border, where we saw some old, dried footprints. Lex had walked here. I sat there for a few moments, staring pensively, until Chester got impatient, urging us to press on. Reluctantly, I did so.

As we returned to the thicker parts of the forest in the late morning, I caught an unusual scent. Pungent, marred with ill intention. I turned around to face the direction it came from, but it was gone. Whatever was the reason for the scent, it was really starting to piss me off, so much so that I barked out. "Face me, you fucking coward!"

My calls were only heard by my companions. When questioned by them, I returned to my cagey self. "We don't have time to find out what's going on, but when we return, I'll need to tell Damon about this..."

Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyMi Okt 09, 2013 10:53 am

So Damon was leader now it seemed. In honesty, I was unsure how to feel about that; since he and Lex had been childhood friends and he was the other resident firesoul, it was almost inevitable that he would be appointed to take over in her absence, but I wasn't sure I trusted him, given the treatment Lee and I had received from him. But that didn't matter right now, Selar was here and he was in trouble. While Lee rang Hefray I headed downstairs, finding the young pup in the kitchen, his face solemn. I hesitated a moment, unsure what to say or do, but Selar soon noticed me and covered his face, trying to hide the fact he had been crying.
L-Lee said I could come in... I.. I just.. just..
Before he could say anymore, I walked over to him and hugged him. I felt him grip my shirt with his fingers and bury his head into the fabric as he started to cry once more, explaining to me that he'd been kicked out of his home. I gently ran my hand over the top of his head, gently shushing him and telling him everything would be alright, that it wasn't his fault. It took a little while, but eventually he began to calm down, just as Lee appeared in the doorway. I looked over and smiled, signalling everything was okay, just as a knock sounded at the front door. When Lee opened it, I heard Hefray's voice,
He must be here to help the little one...
When the two wolves entered the kitchen I felt the pup tense, perhaps thinking the arrival of the firesoul was because he was in trouble. I let him take hold of my shirt and half-hide himself behind me, knowing exactly how he felt. I smiled at Lee and Hefray, feeling my own nervousness beginning to spike from the number of people in the room - old habits die hard.
"Hello Hefray, I was just about to head out, I'll leave you all to chat."
I took a step forward, but felt a tug back on my shirt, followed by a small voice,
"No.. please... stay."
Turning my head, I looked over my shoulder, finding Selar's face looking up at me, eyes practically pleading. I felt a tug at my heartstrings, one I couldn't ignore. Guess I was staying for a while then.
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyDo Okt 10, 2013 4:58 am

I smiled warmly to Eiri, who sat down on a chair next to Selar. Hefray stepped next to me. "Hey Selar, how are you?" "Good?" "Don't be afraid. You're safe here. I've talked to your parents and I'm sorry, but I guess, they have big problems. Will you stay here till they're ok again?" He nodded. "Good then. Ehm, Lee, can I talk to you?"

We went back to the living room. "His parents don't want him anymore. They said they always have trouble with him. Normally an alpha is careing about such problems, but I couldn't talk to Damon till now. But I'll promise you, I will talk to him as soon as possible. Maybe it's the best if Selar stays here till Damon has decided. And it seems like he already likes Eiri." Hefray smiled and I could nothing but smile too. I looked into the kitchen. Selar and Eiri were sitting there, talking."Of course. He can stay as long as he has to. I will care for him."

We were interrupted by a knocking on the door. Talvi was standing on the veranda. I let him in and together we walked back into the kitchen. I invited them to a fast breakfast, while we were talking. Talvi congratulated us and I felt like he was more open-minded now. I smiled. Talvi was also asking about Selar, so we explained the situation.

Suddenly Hefray was growling quietly and I could also smell his scent before he knocked the door. "Just like a pack meeting." I walked over to the veranda and opened the door for Damon. "Hello Damon, what can I do for you? Would you like to come in?"

"You aren't respecting the structures of our pack." The others were leaving the kitchen to come over into the living room. As Selar saw Damon, he began to tremble. Eiri stood before him. "What do you mean?"

"You're hiding an outcast pup and you're keeping a bastard." I growled, making a step forward to him, then shaked my head to clear my mind. Damon was standing there, a cold smile on his lips. "Damon, we don't want to cause any harm. Just let us live our lifes."

"Sorry, but that's not possible. This outcast pup" He pointed on Selar. "should leave our territory. He should'nt be hidden here. His parents told me, he is a danger for the whole pack. I don't want him here any longer." Selar was sobbing, then crying. Eiri hugged him, trying to calm him. "Look. He's so weak. This isn't good for our pack." He looked over to Eiri. "And I can't allow a bastard to live in our pack. I mean this mixture is not worth living." He shruged his shoulders. "Two problems. And I'm giving you the chance to solve them on your own. Otherwise I will do so." I growled.

I looked back to the woman I loved, to my unborn child and the boy, I already felt like being my son. "I wont kill anyone or chase someone away. This is my family." Damon pulled up an eyebrow. "Ok, then I will do it." I growled, feeling the anger coming over me. The bloodthirst overwhelming me. I stepped forward again, but Hefray pulled me back, punched me into my stomach and pushed me on the couch, giving me the signal that I would lose a fight because of my blind anger.

I took a deep breath. "Lex would have never done that." Damon laughed. "But Lex isn't here. I'm the leader now and I protect our traditions." I growled, knowing that Damon was serious. He continued laughing, making fun of us. I growled again, this time louder.

Then I jumped up, giving Hefray a hard punch, so he couldn't stop me and attacked Damon. I was bigger and heavier then him so it was easy for me to keep him on the ground. "You. Won't. Destroy. My. Family." Damon smiled. I felt him moving under me and then there was it again. His knife. He drived it deep into my belly. One time. A second time. I jumped back, falling down on the couch, pushing a hand on the wound. Blood welled trough my fingers. But I was still conscious. I wouldn't lose my mind. Not this time. I'm not that weak. I won't give him the satisfaction and lose my consciusness.

Damon stood up, still holding the bloody knife in his hand. I growled, pushing my hand harder on the wound, hoping to stop the bleeding. Damon laughed. "Oh, I understand. You are the problem."
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyDo Okt 10, 2013 6:29 am

"No, Damon. Yet again, YOU are the problem."

I stood between Lee and Damon to ensure that no further violence could take place. Lee looked a bit puzzled by my intervention, though that could've been the wounds at work, and I couldn't say I blamed him. After asking Hefray to check his wound, I looked to Damon, who was none too pleased with my apparent defiance. "Guardian, you answer to me. Lex told you this very clearly!"

"She also said that in-fighting was inevitable, and that it would be up to us to resolve it while she's away. So if I were you, I wouldn't be giving other Firesouls a reason to overthrow you."

"Are you threatening me, mutt?!"

"I'm offering you advice. If you're smart, you'll take it."

Damon scowled furiously. Even if we was stronger than I (which I doubted), or managed to take me down with his measly shiv, he was outnumbered. That, and he really needed friends on his side, considering how it was Hefray and I that stood in Eiri's path when she attacked him. It was I who showed my loyalty and humility to the cause by being open and honest about the letter. Surely those were the only things that caused him to calm down, though I use the term very loosely. "So, Talvi, you'd have me allow such a mongrel to germinate within our pack? And you feel so strongly that you'd actively defy me over it?!"

"Whether you like it or not, it is unfair to exile this boy purely because his parents don't want him anymore. In fact, it's their duty to care for their child, who they brought into this world. If they don't do their duty, why should Selar be punished for it? Because the parents don't want to see him again? Tough! They are the ones who should leave!"

Damon shook his head. "I'm disappointed, Talvi. Truly, I am." He began to leave, and as he seemed to exit through the door, I turned to the others to check if they were okay. But before I could, I heard Hefray shout. "Talvi, look out!"

I didn't react in time. I felt the sharp sting of a blade enter dangerously near my spinal cord. It hurt immensely, but I was lucky; that could've paralysed me if it had been an inch to the left. As I stumbled, I could hear muffled voices and see distorted images around me, as if time had slowed. I must've blacked out, because when I came to, we were both outside on the veranda. I was in my wolven form, as was Damon, with my jaws gripped around his throat. I swear I could feel his jugular pumping underneath my fangs, so tantalisingly close to being pierced. I was then quickly dragged off of him by Hefray. I could still taste his blood in my mouth as I reverted to my human hide, still being restrained by the wolf. Funny. Only moments ago, I was trying to calm people down. Damon stood up and switched his form as well. He held the puncture wounds on his neck, clearly in severe pain. "Fine. We'll deal with this formally some other time. But you, Talvi... you need to decide who's side you're on. Goodbye."

The voices that were bellowing in my ear became clearer, as I began to understand what they were saying. As this happened, the pain returned, causing me to wince and fall to one knee. I felt dizzy... "Sorry, Lee..."

Zuletzt von TalviTheWanderer am Mi Okt 16, 2013 11:44 am bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyMo Okt 14, 2013 1:45 pm

(Sorry this took so long, I was away in France ^^; )

Blood. Tears. Yelling. Screaming. Everything was so confusing. The edges of my vision darkened, narrowing in on Damon as he scurried away. Like a rat. I felt a growl rising in my throat, a bestial snarl, my body quivering with anticipation. I wanted to chase him, to make him pay for this; I wanted to tear, rend, savage, anything I could to hurt him, to kill him perhaps. I think about moving forward, of shifting, chasing Damon down. Just as I'm about to run, I notice something.

Selar is crying.

I know this, but I am not sure how. I turn, see him cowering, terrified. The mist fades, a strange eerie calm washing over me. I look around myself, only now noticing Hefray is yelling at me, trying to get my attention. My gaze sweeps over the others, taking in the injuries and finally I begin to move. I rush to Selar first, lifting him into my arms, before running upstairs with him. I talk quickly to him, telling him to be calm, that I'll be back soon, but he needs to stay up in the bedroom. I place him upon my bed, grabbing some towels and my old shirt, giving him a quick kiss on the top of his head, then running back downstairs again. Hefray turns to me, about to say something, but I just pass him a towel, glancing at Talvi and nodding my head in the wounded firesoul's direction. His mouth closes again and he nods, beginning to tend to Talvi. I turn my attention to Lee, gently moving his hand away from his wound so the towel can be placed there instead, to help stem the blood flow. For now, I am calm, focusing on helping the others rather than my own desire for vengeance. But the beast is not sated. It waits, patient, for it is a predator, it knows the moment to strike will come. I look at Lee, a pained look crossing my face as I see how badly he's hurting.
"I'm sorry... I wasn't able to help you... he hurt you again."
I hear Hefray behind me, saying we may need to get them more help, because of all the blood they've lost. But I don't know this area, I don't know where we can get them help without arising suspicion and with Damon so hell-bent against us, the other skinwalkers might not be willing to help.
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyDi Okt 15, 2013 7:52 am

I looked into Eiri beautiful eyes. The wound was still bleeding. My world began to turn black, but I shaked my head, trying to clear my mind. I tried to sit up a bit to kiss her, but I slumped again.
"It wasn't your fault. I'm glad that you and Selar are alright. Damon..." I growled. "...he has gone to far this time."

I turned around to Talvi, still laying on the floor. I coughed. Some blood was in my hand. "Talvi, thank you. If you werent there, he had killed me, Eiri and Selar. Thank you. You had rescued us all." I coughed again. Breathing was hard.

Hefray said we need more help. I could see doubts in Eiris eyes. "Melissa..." I turned to Hefray. "Melissa...she...she had studied medicine before working at the university. She might help us as good as she can." I coughed. "I..I don't know where she is now. She said she wanted to look for a job." Hefray was going into the study room, maybe to call Melissa. I could only whisper. "Tell her not to talk to the others of the pack. I don't want her to get hurt." Hefray returned. "She was already on her way to visit you. She will be here soon." "Good." I coughed again, my world turned black again. I leaned against Eiri. The last think I could hear was Melissas voice. "Oh my god...what..." Then everything was black.
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyDi Okt 15, 2013 8:43 am

I could feel the cold water trickle into the open wound as Hefray did his best with the towel to stop the bleeding. I felt an inconceivable throb through my vertebrae. Damon may have cut me deep, perhaps even severing some vital nerves, but I wasn't going to be beaten by the thought of my injury, not whilst Lee was in a worse condition than I.

I heard Melissa panicking behind me after Lee had offered his kind words to me, and that could not be a good sign. I waved Hefray away, against his advice, and picked myself up, though I could feel myself how shaky I was on my feet. I winced, and tried to shake the pain out of my mind. Pain was a state of mind, I had once been taught.

"Hefray, grab a blanket and place Lee on it. I'll be back momentarily."

I rushed out into the outskirts of the forest close to the house, grabbing the two straightest and sturdiest branches I could find, along with two smaller branches. My head was spinning, and I swore I could see a trail of my own blood in the grass, but it didn't matter. I would have time to rest later, when Lee was out of danger. I brought the branches in, receiving some confused looks from both of the ladies and Hefray. It was probably best to keep them informed. "I'm making a stretcher, Hefray. With it, you and I can carry Lee to the hospital in the village."

"The human hospital?" Hefray asked.

"Unless you have a better idea?" I responded. I was hurt, I was mad, and the last thing I wanted to do was negotiate. It was a silly thing to gripe about, considering Hefray understood my trail of thought. I sighed, trying to expel the negative energy. "Look, if we all go together in our human forms, we'll be fine, okay? We don't really have any other options."

Hefray and I managed to make the stretcher by slotting the branches through incisions in the blanket methodically to support Lee's weight as we carried him. Melissa originally wanted to carry Lee with Hefray, but I got stubborn. "I could've intervened earlier, so it's my fault. At least let me make up for it?"

"Don't you dare drop him."

As we all made for the village, I couldn't help but wonder what sort of backlash this would have on the pack... and on us.

Zuletzt von TalviTheWanderer am Mi Okt 16, 2013 11:34 am bearbeitet; insgesamt 2-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Skythe
Alpha
Alpha
Skythe

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyDi Okt 15, 2013 8:45 am

(Hei there, shortly hopped in and just checked how much you have been writing^^. Catched up the sentences of Damon did something bad again. Just go on, but keep in mind to not kill him, I maybe wanna use him later if coming back, else everything is free xD)
~ Skye
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 EmptyMi Okt 16, 2013 12:48 pm

While the group made a stretcher for Lee, I went upstairs to fetch Selar - if everyone was headed for the hospital, I wasn't planning on leaving the child alone in the house.  As soon as I opened the door he looked up and ran to me, burying his head in my shirt. I knelt down, taking him in my arms and gently shushing him.
"It's alright Selar... We're taking Lee to the hospital, it'll be alright, you'll see."
I felt him nod and slowly pulled him back from me so I could see his face. He looked up and I smiled, which caused him to return the gesture. Standing once more, I took hold of the young wolf's hand, leading him down to the others just as they maneuvered Lee onto the make-shift stretcher. I felt Selar tense, squeezing my hand so I pull him closer to me as we head out towards the hospital.

For a while I followed the group as they transported Lee, somewhat concerned that Talvi would pass out or drop him, but when it seemed that wasn't going to be the case, I slipped away. I waited, patiently, slowly dropping further and further behind as we walked. The others were so focused on their task, they didn't notice my silent escape, not even Selar, who was now intently staring at Lee's face.
Sorry Lee... don't think I'll be there when you wake up... be safe, my love.
A part of me felt I had to do this, the same part harbouring the growing, burning flame within me. For so long I had thought only anger could ignite that blaze. In a sense, this was still anger, but it's source, it's fuel, was different now. Not fear or wild rage, but protectiveness, devotion and love. That was what drove me. With one last check towards the group, to make sure that hadn't noticed my disappearance, I melded into the forest trees, disappearing from view. I began to run, shifting mid-stride and returning to the trees outside the house, where Damon's trail still lay. I followed it easily enough, the spots of blood provided a strong odour and a clear visual trail. It didn't occur to me how strange it was that he wasn't headed back to the village, but deeper into the woods, despite his injury, I was too hell-bent on finding him to care. With me running as fast as I could, it didn't take me long to find him and, as I saw him in wolf form in a clearing ahead of me, I yelled out,
"DAMON!"
He turned, a frown crossing his features.
"Oh. It's you. Should you really be out here in your.... condition?"
He seemed to sneer at me, which only made my fury burn all the brighter.
"You son of a bitch! How dare you attack my family! I'll tear that wretched smile from your face."
I began to prowl towards him, beginning an arc around him. I knew a direct attack would be foolish, despite his injury, for he was a firesoul, he would know how to fight. His eyes followed my movements, but he didn't try to leap for me, or re-position himself, instead, he addressed with a bitter calm. I knew he hated me, the venom in his voice further bolstered that fact, but he seemed to want to explain something to me.
"You don't get it, do you? I have to protect this pack. It's getting harder and harder to keep our presence a secret, the humans get closer every day, I cannot afford to have hair-triggers like you around, nor can I have some abandoned pup running around when he knows so little. You people, you... invaders, mean next to nothing to me compared to the family I have grown up with, who trust in me to keep them safe. If I have to get rid of you to keep them from getting hurt, so be it. Oh, and before I forget, there's someone who wants to talk to you, I don't think he's very happy with you."
I stop, confused. Next moment, a demented cackling fills the air around us, setting the hairs of my body on end. I lower myself to the ground, looking around myself, trying to find the source of the noise, when something snaps at my haunches. I leap away, kicking out with my back feet, I feel my claws connect briefly with something and as I turn, I see a stocky, vaguely canine-looking creature staring at me, a small scratch on it's muzzle. I had never before seen a creature like this, but I could tell it was a shifter. It had a massive, powerful chest and legs, with the front legs longer than the back, the head reminiscent of a canine, but larger and stockier. It opened it's mouth and once again the terrible baying laughter rang out.
"You killed him."

I backed away, ears flat against my head, tail lashing. As I moved away, it moved forward, causing me to hiss and snarl involuntarily.
"Killed who? I don't even know who you are!"
"My friend. You killed him. He just wanted to touch you. You murdered him."
My blood ran cold. Did it mean that rapist? This thing believed I killed him, it must have been what I had been hearing and smelling in the forest! Fear began to seep into my mind, no longer did I feel brave or full of righteous anger at Damon, I just knew this thing was dangerous and it wanted to hurt me. For a second I glanced away, trying to see if Damon was still around, but he was gone. In my moment of distraction, the creature took it's chance, running at me, laughing the whole while. I reacted instinctively, jumping at a nearby tree, hoping it couldn't climb. But as I jumped I felt teeth clamp down on my leg, could feel the strength in those jaws. My leap was cut short and I fell heavily, hitting my head on a nearby rock and dazing myself, nearly knocking me out. The grip on my leg didn't let go and soon I could feel myself being dragged across the forest floor.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 5 Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Skinwalker
Seite 5 von 8Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Weiter

Befugnisse in diesem ForumSie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten
Skythe Games :: Role play :: English-
Gehe zu: