Skythe Games
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

Das Rollenspiel Forum von Skye Nova

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Skinwalker

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Weiter
AutorNachricht
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 46

Skinwalker - Seite 4 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptySo Sep 22, 2013 11:12 pm

I spent the rest of that night, stewing away in my hotel room, wracked with guilt. Why did I even bother? Why did I feel the need to get involved? In fact, why did I even try to fit in here? I had caused nothing but trouble since I arrived; first was Lex's injuries, inflicted upon her by Damon, then it was myself who had attacked Damon. Only a short while after that, I had been careless, resulting in poor Melissa's assault. And finally, after an attempt to find out what was wrong with Lex, it backfired and she attacked Eiri!

...Why was I such an idiot?! All I had done was hurt people, whether it had been direct or indirect.

I had not apologised to Eirian yet, either. I had meant to, but I had got caught up in everything that had happened. I wondered if Lee gave my message to Melissa. Upon reflection, I probably owed Lee an apology too, for not taking care of Melissa that night. Hefray had been so patient with my cold attitude recently, so I owed him an apology.

I started to write a letter on the table. It took a while, but when I was finished, I slumped on my bed. I was considering leaving, and gambling it all on the northern tribes. There was very little chance they would accept me, and as a Firesoul, they would more than likely see me as competition...

...Maybe that's what's going on here. Maybe I did those things because I'm a Firesoul.

My thoughts were washed away as I heard a knock at my door. It was midnight, who the hell would want to talk to me at this time of night? I was still so angry that I was afraid that by opening the door, I would lash out at the poor soul behind it, whoever that may have been. I took a breath, grumbled, and opened it. "Who is it?"

The person I saw there was NOT who I was expecting...
Nach oben Nach unten
Skythe
Alpha
Alpha
Skythe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 213

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyMo Sep 23, 2013 2:18 am

Evening... I said with confused voice and a brow lifted after Talvi opened the door and spoke in such rude manner before looking wondered.
I just wanted to tell you, that I want to see you at the youngsters training tomorrow too. I want to see all the new ones, how they are skilled. I also see you in some kind of guard leader, I will tell you more tomorrow. So... see you. I turned around and left again, still a bit wondered how rude he could sound. I was such excited for the next day, I knew everyone of the new ones, had some nice fighter skills which I wanted to see finally. And I knew, I got Eiri there too. It was some kind of trick I used on a walker back then too, making them explode was the easiest way to get their attention and everyone should follow their soulcolour. And being shy, wasnt a characteristic of an windsoul. I went back home, slept some hours and then went to the training place.

A few distance behind the meeting place, was a hole in the forest, filled with sand, from the top people could watch the training. So I sat there and waited for the youngsters arrive. It felt different now Chuck wasnt in town, but somehow good too, so I could concentrate on the walkers once more. When they came, I went on and jumped in to teach the young ones who stood there excited and happily. Most of them already had my size, cause usually Skinwalkers get bigger than me, but some where even smaller, younger. I didnt notice that Eiri and Lee arrived earlier, as also Talvi who walked around the upper walls of the hole to sit down near them, silently watching while I gave my lessons to them.
We where already fighting a bit, the youngsters all attacking me, me just avoiding, jumping out of the way what seemed so easily to me.
You must feel the ground under your paws, let the place you fight at, fight for you! Come on, dont be such babys! Now they hyped up, laughed here and there and then jumped in one bunch all onto me, what made me sink to the ground under their weight. I felt laughing now too, pressed my neck up between the bunch of kids.
Haha okay now! I see Damon arrived, you can go on training with him now. They moved off of me, so I could stand up again. I shook my fur to get rid of the sand, then a kid lifted the voice. "Can you give us a show fight with Damon again?! Please!" I already wanted to shake my head, then others joined the please choir. Damon appeared at my side.
Come on Alexa, they want it so badly dont they? They shouted a loud Yeah! in choir, I rolled my eyes and nodded. Damon went some steps back, the pups jumped to the edges to make some free place. Some seconds left, then we jumped into a show fight. So many trick we shown, such badly fight it could be if using our teeth and claws badly. So many things we show and do in every fight. It went on for some while, one would have thought we fought for leadership, but these show fights werent new to the training classes. When we where panting already, I shoved Damon a bit aside, nodded and ended it this way. The kids jumped up again, surrounding us happily.
"Will you teach me this?!" was one of the most asked questions.
Sorry little ones, too much shown wont be ever teached. There are some tricks we got tought which are only for firesouls so they could fight fairly for leadership and such stuff. Maybe interesting for you one day Sammy I said nodding to a very young grey puppy, who was born in this lands as firesoul and who showed himself as a real fair and caring person. He yipped up happily, then when I looked up I saw the others.
Okay kids, now go on and train with Damon a bit. As said they went with him to the other half of the sand hole, while Eiri, Lee and Talvi came down to me.
Nice to see you found here I said while scratching me ear with my hind leg.
So first for you Talvi, I just saw you fight once, the thing with Damon, you remember? I guess you are a good windsoul fighter, following your inner. We have some small groups of walkers, calld the guardians. Since yet you havent found a place between the humans, maybe you could consider a life just in the woods? Then you could become a guardian. They usually stay in the groups of three to four groups, acting like a pack and walking through the forest and somestimes through the villages and citys. They keep an eye on the skinwalkers around, if they have problems, are up to something bad, or if they risk our secret by nearly showing themselves to humans or such things. Then I get some report. We got enough new ones this year to build up a new guardian group. The guy over there, his name is Chester, is new too and he decided to live in the forest forever. I asked him, he would like to be a guardian so I told him to wait till I find him a group. If you and at least one more walkers are ready to do it, I could even make you a guardian troop leader so you could follow your inner instincts to lead someone. In his face I could read how surprised he was by all the informations.
So for now, go over to him. You can do some duels together and speak while that so I can watch over some times to see your skills. I shoved him over with the head, till he finally slowly stood up and went over to Chester, a rather small black bear. I watched a moment till he spoke to him and Chester moved up happily then with his open windsoul kindness and glad to maybe come into action soon. I then moved my view to Eiri and Lee.
Good, you decided to come here! Will be just useful for you and the rest of the walkers. Maybe one day a guard too, though I guess you more like to live part human? Nah but anyway, lets first come to the training. I turned around and went more to the middle of the sand hole, when I heard 8 foot steps then, I turned around again.
Uh, uh. You not Lee, you go back up there and only watch. She dont need your help. He looked at me kinda challenging. I asked myself a moment if he would really dare to mess with me? I walked back more near to them. It´s a training place, not a slaughterhouse! Now go back finally. When he stood there for some seconds but then slowly moved backwards after giving Eiri a nuzzle, I turned around to her to walk with her to the middle of the place. I could see her a bit shivering through her jaguar paws.
Hey come on, it´s training. That means no hurtings or moments for shame. So many are worse fighters, we are what we are. Nothing what happened before your time would even matter here anymore! I gave her a little funny hit with my hip against hers, then moved on till we reached the middle of the sand hole. I gave Lee one more short view. He reached the upper part, staring into our direction. Even in a second of looking there, I could see how stressed he look, ready to jump down into the sand hole and save her... but save her from what?
When I reached my position, I sat down instead of starting to fight. We where far enough away from everyone so noone could listen and also the kids where loud enough to make every sound drown.
When she confused sat down infront of me, I lifted my voice, looking into her eyes, she partly looking away.
I dont know what happened to you in your past girl, and I dont want to know it. Like I said, it doesnt matter anymore. You must forget it and concentrate on this lands now, on a new live. We all have to follow our soul instincts, or else we will get problems we arent able to deal with, for example an earthsoul who wanted to be an alpha no matter what, and then got himself into an badly accident because he went crazy under the whole pressure. As a windsoul you should be proud of your ability to fight, the ability to be able to defend yourself and whats even more important, to defend others. You heared what I just told Talvi. We must take care of the ones who cant fight for themselves. For them for example. I waved my head over the play fighting pups.
They cant defend themselves now and need some good guids. You maybe are able to fight, but the only strenght I saw yet, you would need to really win a fight, is in the rage you bring up when blindly running into something you cant control. I know about it, because my old teacher told that to me once too. I didnt even want to become a leader. But the one day I had a confrontation with that guy from yesterday, I decided it was about time and so my teacher was proud to tell me his secrets of a real warrior. He teached me together with Damon, we also learned some firesoul tricks at the same time, what makes us nearly equal fighters. What you need to learn, is to use your strengh with brain, not losing yourself into blind anger. Sometimes a tricky attack, can be most useful instead of a weighty jump into the fighting bunch. So lets just try it a bit and see how much we can get rid off of your shyness.
I stood up and went back a step, when she did too, I waited for her to attack me. She needed a while, not sure what to do, but when I just waited like a rock doing nothing, she finally did a few jump attacks. As at the kids before, I just jumped away, she rarley hit me with her paws, but showed some nice jumps. It took on a while till she was breathing wildly and I stopped it.
Haha dont worry kitti, also the trained kids nearly never get me. Im such good fighter, arent I? I said lifting my paw to my chest, looking somehow weirdly to the sky, playing some cocky chick. Hehe, now for real. What you have isnt bad, you can make something good from it. You can have a different fight partner next time, so you wont get too depressed with me. I think I will give you Tucker the next time, the big wolf over there. Watersoul. An acceptable fighter, of course not like a windsoul. Make him loose, and I can give you an oppenent that fights better. One day you will maybe even teach the young ones like me and Damon. Oh before leaving, tipp for next week on Tucker... use your paws. In training of course not with claws, but I guess they can make pretty good weapons, they are even big enough to fight with without claws! So. I go for a drink at the river now and later come back. Training will be over soon anyway. You did good job girl.
I jumped up and left the sand hole in the direction Lee was still waiting. For him, the show fight with Eiri must have seemed like an embarassing, showing her like unable to fight, though she rarely hit me. But I knew, for the shy Eiri it was best to start with that, instead of duelfights! I knew what I was doing, so I ignored his bad glare at me when I walked through the sand hole, Eiri a bit more behind me. When I climbed up the little earth wall to get out of the sand hole, I heard him talking to a pup.
Why arent here any parents? You partly fight badly.
"Nooo we dont. We would wish for some more hard fight! But Lex and Damon wont let us. Our parents say it´s most save here when they are around for teaching and watching! Why do you ask?"
Max, is the lesson over yet? I said when I lifted myself up the last part of the wall, appearing like out of nowhere.
"Uhm no Lex..."
Then down there and train, shoo! He stretched out his tongue, grinning and then jumped down into the sand laughing.
I didnt spend much time at Lee, went on and got lost between the trees to have a drink at the river. When I had, I went back, jumped back into the sand hole on the other side and layd down in the dry sand to watch the class a bit, as also a bit more intensive, Talvi who showed himself such good in a duel with Chester. I an eyeedge I saw Lee and Eiri at the same place up the wall as before, lying there and watching the hole, while talking. Some of the really young pups came to me, totally exhausted from the training while Damon went on with the other ones who couldnt get enough of it.
They layd down at my sides, watching the hole and especially the grown-up-duels, for now Talvi and Chester who nearly ended it after play-fighting for so long. Some of the pups leaned at me, and some even fall asleep, pressing themselves into my black fur. I got lost in some old memories when I was teached here too, layed down my head over one of the sleeping pups between my front legs and took a nap in the warm midday sun.
Nach oben Nach unten
https://skythegames.forumieren.com
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 49

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyMo Sep 23, 2013 6:46 am

"Is everything ok with you?" I licked over her snout. She nodded. I looked down to the training. Talvi and the bear were still fighting. "He's downgraded somehow..." I looked over to Lex. She was laying in the sand, some pups around her. "Seems like Damon is the only one, getting her back on earth. Apart from that she is doing what she things is right. No other opinion." I pushed my head in Eiris side. "Find your own way to fight. Don't let her tell you how to. But nethertheless she gave you a new partner. Somehow she trusts in your skills." She nodded. I stood up. "Wanna leave?"

We went through the forest. "Actually...I would have liked to fight too. But I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to fight against those pups." Eiri giggled. "No, really not." "Maybe I should ask Lex to join the guardians too. I don't know whether I could be leaded by Talvi...but..." The bushes rustled. Melissa, in her wolf form, stepped to us. Her fur was blonde, the color of honey. "Hey. I've seen you at the training. I watched you from afar. You did a good job, Eiri." "Ah, Melissa I nearly forgot. Talvi said he was sorry for leaving you alone the night you were raped." She shook her head. "It wasn't his fault." She grabed for a leave. "I'm looking for a job in the city. I'd like to work as a professor again." I nodded. "That's a good idea. You need something to do. Otherwise you're causing trouble." She giggled. Ok, then. See you later. Eiri, I'm really sorry, that you were attacked, because of me. Hefray told me, Lex attacked you after she rescued you." She jumped off, just finishing her words.

"She's really feeling guilty for causing trouble." Eiri and I continued our walk through the forest. Suddenly Eiri stopped, looking somehow ill. "Are you ok?" I jumped at her side to support her. "Have you eat and drink enough? The training was hard. Maybe your body circulation is tattered." She nodded, then shaked her body and moved on. "Everythings fine." I smiled. My girl is really strong.
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyMo Sep 23, 2013 8:37 am

I wasn't sure where that sudden light-headed feeling had come from, but I was glad Lee had been there to support me. I smiled, shook myself and carried on walking, I didn't want him to worry about me. Maybe I was just tired... I cast my thoughts back to sparring with Lex, it had been so long since I'd fought, I was rusty. She'd given me advice on how to fight my next opponent and while my paws were a good weapon, I knew my true power lay in my jaws. Not that I planned to use them in training. That said, I hadn't tried to the best of my ability, still too worried about keeping control of myself. She might not care about my past, but I sure did, I worried what it might make me do. I remember how tense Lee had been during my training, was he scared for me, or what I might do? Just as I'm about to ask him about it, a wave of nausea suddenly passes over me and I have to steady myself against a tree for a moment. Have I eaten something bad? I looked up to find Lee beside me again, concerned for me. I manage to smile at him,
"Don't worry, just a little dizzy, I guess I'm not used to exercise anymore. I should probably have a drink."
I manage to get back to my feet and, with Lee keeping a hand round my waist, we make our way to a nearby stream. Once there, I have a drink, then splash water onto my face, enjoying the coolness of the liquid as it trickles over my skin. I find my gaze drawn to my reflection, the scarred face staring back at me. I hit the water, breaking up the image, then sit back on the grass, my palm against my forehead. A strange over-reaction, even for me. I feel as Lee sits beside me, he doesn't say anything, but puts an arm round my shoulders. I lean into him.
"If you really want to be a guardian, I think you should offer to be one. But don't just do so, just because you feel you should, if you get my meaning? I'd hate to think you were involved in a job you didn't like, though don't let Talvi put you off, I'm sure you can handle him."
He squeezes my shoulders a little and I feel a kiss upon the top of my head.
"Thanks Eiri."

I sit with him for a while longer, before getting to my feet, a smile on my face.
"Come on, let's go back."
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyMo Sep 23, 2013 9:23 am

(Sorry, Sky, I might have misunderstood your meaning, but it seemed you thought Talvi was a Windsoul, he's actually a Firesoul. No worries though :3)

Chester was an interesting foe; I had never fought a bear before. I couldn't let my focus drop for a split second, even though I was a Firesoul. I did notice toward the end of our sparring match (which had been going for some time, thus testing my endurance), Lex had gone to the viewing point and was napping with some of the young, most of which were pups. Damon also seemed more at ease today, which made me feel better on the inside. As for the pups themselves, some of them were watching myself and the bear intently and enthusiastically. That caused me to let my guard down and before I knew it, Chester's paw was heading for my snout rather quickly. Luckily, I ducked in time and, as it passed over my head, I grabbed his supporting front paw in my jowls, dragging it from underneath him. He went down, and I circled him to avoid any retaliation in the form of those mighty jaws, before standing on top of him, indicating that I had pinned him. But whenever I fought, I always felt disappointed, dejected even. I was not satisfied.

I was never satisfied.

I was awoken from my vacant daydreaming by Chester's nonchalant pleas. "Um, 'scuse me, can I please get up now?"

"Oh, I apologise." I stepped back, feeling a little embarrassed about forgetting myself for that brief moment. He dusted himself off, and to my surprise, I found myself surrounded by cheery children, asking all sorts of questions about my 'moves'. "Sorry, kids, I'm not a good teacher. Maybe Lex and Damon could teach you to do that."

For a while, Chester and I sat by a nearby river. We drunk our fill, and I sat politely as I listened to why he wished to become a guardian. He was a polite young black bear, and very chatty, but in a nice way. He said that he had always wanted to guard the forests since he was born, as they were his home, and he didn't seem too opposed to the fact I would lead him. In fact, it appeared that he welcomed the idea. I felt a bit sorry for him in the sense that I was his acquaintance and, in comparison, his polar opposite. He then asked me about myself. "Well, I'm... I'm not from here, I guess that's all that matters, really..."

"But Talvi, you seem like the type of guy who would fit in round here," he mused, "and you're a Firesoul, too! You're a natural leader! I bet wherever you're from, you had a strong pack, ready to die for you if necessary, right?"

My look steeled, and he immediately saw it. "Look, I'm sorry, I-"

"Don't be. It's not your fault, is it?" I sighed heavily. "I've got some old wounds, from long ago. I still don't understand how it all went so wrong..."

I paused for a moment, to think about the opportunity Lex had offered me. It would be an honour, but I would have to stay in the wilds for more or less the rest of my life. That wasn't particularly a problem; I was born in the wilds, and I had no lingering connections with humans, anyway. I guess the only real problem I'd face was 'mating season', unless we got a nice little female for our group. That made me blush, and Chester's bright eyes saw it. "Something wrong, Talvi?"

I laughed, which came as a surprise to myself as well as the black bear. "Sorry, it's that time of year, you know? Even a wanderer like me can't escape nature's calling..."

We both laughed. I liked this kid. I stood up, and stretched my wolven limbs. "Come on, Chester, Lex is probably waiting." And so, we returned to the training ground.
Nach oben Nach unten
Skythe
Alpha
Alpha
Skythe

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyMo Sep 23, 2013 12:02 pm

(Yah I meant fire of course^^ And Leee, watch for your entrys to not control Eiri too much, you take off her actions a little bit Wink )

When I woke up from my nap, the training was just over and the pups where on their way back home. The place was empty, except for Damon who now lifted his ears, seing Im awake, lifted up and went over to me.
That was a good training today wasnt it?
Oh come on, you dont want to make yourself good with me again, do you? This is just for training.
Oh cmooon Lex, you know I didnt want to...
Damon, you wanted to kill me I said dry, still lying in the sand, he standing at my side.
And you gave me a second chance. Im really thankful you know? Come one Lex, we once where friends. This fight... it just came over me. You accept the other firesouls, why not me?
Because they didnt attack me?
Okay okay, got the point. But... dont you think that windsoul is kind of... a risk?
Who do you mean?
The white one, this Lee. He sometimes stares at you like he want to rip out your heart and feed it to his little bitch!
Hey watch your tongue Damon! I shortly snarled with back layd ears, then lifted up again after a short time.
...but I know what you mean. No matter where he comes from, he seems to feel himself like a firesoul the way he acts sometimes.
He should show a bit more respect! Normally a windsoul should be a loyal warrior under the leading of a firesoul, thats what walkers instinct says since years!... what if he attacks you one day?
Tehehe, for sure? I will tear him apart then. Dunno what he thinks of, but I can sure beat him up.
Who would know best about people underestimating your size with your skills than me? And I know you could bring up some party under his ass hmhm.
Could. Thats it. As long as his feet stay under my table, it´s all right and he can carry on his life. As all the others too. Everyone needs to find his place here, some take longer than others.
And what about that Talvi? Dont you think that young brat is a danger for your place as alpha?
Young? He is just one year younger than I am, and I became leader five years ago! Talking of brats... tsk. By the way, he seems to be part earthsoul if you ask me. He is such silent, a nice guy who would kill a fly if he wouldnt need to. But he can fight, I saw today.
Yeaaah some nice skills between that rude jumping and hopping hehe. Ehm also... you wouldnt teach the other fires about our... special tricks we learned from Tolvar?
I looked up and stared into his eyes for some seconds.
No. I would never. I promised, and so did you.
Exactly. Wouldnt do too of course. He sat down next to me for a while, laying his head in his neck relaxed, head up to the sun a bit.
Good day. And bitter sweet scents around too.
I just wanted to ask what he meant, I didnt smell anything. Then I remembered the season. I rolled my eyes.
Haha just kidding! Some more duels?
Sure. I stretched myself a bit, before lifting up, and starting to play-fight with Damon again. He was the only one in the forest who was able to beat me up if I wouldnt stay concentrated and so it was finally some kind of duel I watched for, to have a good trainings day.
We stayd fighting a while, even when Chester and Talvi came back we fought on, then I noticed them sitting down and Damon used the one second of being away with my mind, jumped on me and pressed me down. He laughed triumphal before letting me stand up again.
Haha finally! Now I have a victory for today, I will be gone. He turned around and left the sand hole, while I walked back to Talvi who looked like I wanted to bite him for losing against Damon, cooled down then when I just sat down, scratched my neck and asked how they where doing and if he decided yet if he wanted to be a guardian.
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyMo Sep 23, 2013 8:53 pm

(Sorry^^)

I woke up at midnight. I left the bed and put on some convenient clothes. After we had watched Damon and Lex fighting again, we went back to our house, talking about the training and went to bed then.

I left our house, changing forms and ran into the forest. I ran as fast as I could, breathing hard just after a short time. Still I continued running till I found a huge tree. I jumped against it, hitting it with my paws, jumped back, turned in the air and landed in human form. I was quiet fast in changing forms, so I could use it active in fight, if I had to. I gave the tree some kicks and beatings, climbed it up a bit, jumped back, turned in the air again and landed as a wolf, immediately jumping forward again and bit in the bark.
I continued my training for a while. My rage grew. I thought about everything that has happened, the last days and my whole life. I pushed off the huge tree and attacked a small and young one. It felt down. I breathed hard, nearly wheezing.

I heard some laughing from behind. "Don't push yourself to hard." Hefray showed up. "You're still too strong." I smiled. "The tree was to weak." "Why are you training out here?" "I thought it would be the best to train a bit. I don't want to get away from the exercise." I took a deep breath. "I watched the training today and I got kind of melancholy." We both laughed. Then I got an idea. "Hefray..." He immediately shook his head. "No. No, no, no, no, no Lee. I wont fight against you." "Come on, my friend." "No, Lee. I don't want to end up in the dirt." "Just a fight for training, no real fight. It wont hurt." "Lee, you're too strong, it's always hurting." He sulked. "Remembering the last time? You pushed me down a small cliff. I was all wet." "That wasn't my intention. And, by the way, that was my job. Do bring my alpha down on earth if he's overreacting." "But, I wasn't....Oh come on. Don't do that." I lowered my ears, holding my head inclined. It was some kind of begging. "Ok, but don't hurt me ok." He laughed an jumped on one side. I laughed too, jumping on the other side.

Hefray attacked me with a jump. I ducked, so he flew over me, turned around and playful bit him in his butt. Shocked he turned around, attacking me with his paws and managed to hit me some times. We continued the fighting. Hefray was a really good fighter, but still most of the time I was better. Normal walkers would have a big problem to beat him. I stood opposite of him. We looked at eachother, smiling. Then Hefray jumped again and I ducked again. He flew over me, directly into a tree. "Stop." He shacked his head. "Stop, that was hurting." I laughed. "That was your own fault. You made the same mistake a second time." We both laughed. "Nethertheless, this was liberating, and fun." I nodded. "Thank you, Hefray." I had the feeling of somebody watching us, but as I concentrated on my surroundings I couldn't find anybody. Maybe I was just hallucinating.
I switched back to my human form and layed down in the gras, looking up in the sky the watch the stars. Hefray layed next to me. "Why didn't you want to be the alpha? I mean you could have challenged me and you know, you would have won. So why?"
"Because I'm a windsoul." I again had the feeling of being watched. I ignored it. "It's the way we are born. We are born in a role we have to comply with. I mean, look at you. You are a firesoul, but still, you don't have this irascible behaviour. I'm a windsoul, but I'm a bit to dominant. Eiri is a windsoul, choosing not to fight if she don't have to. Nevertheless, we have to comply with our role. Other skinwalkers wouldn't accept it, if we don't do so." "So you're going to hide your strength everywhere you go?" "Yes. I guess I was to dominant here anyway. And Hefray, I guess we can't go away from here again. We'll stay here forever."
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyDi Sep 24, 2013 1:25 am

(sorry it's short, didn't have much time to write it D: )

I was worried for a moment that Lee or Hefray had noticed me, so I stayed as still as I could within the leaves of the tree, almost holding my breath. I was downwind of them, so I was sure they couldn't smell me... But they carried on talking, so I figured I was safe. I hadn't meant to start spying on them; having woken in the middle of the night to find Lee missing I'd become worried and managed to follow his tracks, to find him sparring with Hefray. I'd watched, curious about his fighting skills, until I realised they might not appreciate my doing so, thus I hid. In retrospect, I probably should have just turned and headed for home. I lay my head on my paws, ears twitching slightly as I caught snippets of their conversation. I tried to ignore it, not wanting to eavesdrop, but I couldn't help listening to some.
He's right about other walkers not accepting us if we don't follow our soul colour... That's why everyone avoided me for so long...
Eventually, Lee and Hefray began to leave and I took my chance to climb out of the tree, slinking my way through the undergrowth so I wouldn't be spotted. A short distance away, a strange, very fresh scent reached my nose and I stopped, pulling my lips back a little to get a better 'taste' of it.
Strange... smells like skinwalker, but not anyone I know of... had someone else been watching them too?
I paced back and forth around the scent, trying to figure out where it went, but I lost it among a group of other trails. I huffed, annoyed at myself, but figured it was just another of the resident skinwalkers so thought no more of it as I wandered home.

I managed to get back before Lee, clambered back into bed and drifted off to sleep, thinking again about Lee's sparring and about my upcoming 'training'.
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyDi Sep 24, 2013 4:12 am

I didn't sleep that night. Not even a wink. I stared vacantly at the ceiling of my room as I pondered my next move. This might be my defining moment; the moment where I either find my place, or lose hope altogether. Funny, because only last night, I was considering leaving. What a difference a day makes.

Though I had spoken to Lex briefly with Chester about this whole 'guardian' business, I was still a little anxious about the idea. Chester was a good kid, a great fighter, too, and I figured that Lex would only select those both willing and able, not one or the other. Still, I felt... lonely.

Thoughts of my previous homeland rushed into my head like a flood of water. I tried to erect a barrier in my mind to block them, but they seeped in, along with the associated emotions. My days as a 'war-hound'... the death of my father... our blood-soaked victory... then my thoughts focused again on my exile. And on revenge.

I roared as I sprung from my bed, only to realise I had awoken from an odd 'trance' of some sort. It was weird; it was like I'd fallen asleep, but I was wide awake...

I sighed, and slumped back onto my bed lazily. I could feel a warm fluid trickling down from my nose to my lip. I was bleeding again. Stress was the worst. I tried to think more about being a Guardian. It would be nice, no doubt. I hoped I would have a female accomplice, for obvious reasons, but other than that, having a duty to focus on and people to protect was all I could ask for. Eventually, I knew I'd have to open up about my past. But that was what I feared the most; people seeing the darker side of me...

It was morning. I was tired, as I had not slept all night. So, when Chester knocked the door in his human form (which meant I didn't recognise him instantly), he was obviously surprised to see me readied up to leave. "Rough night, huh?"

I nodded. "Old wounds, Chester. They don't ever heal." I sighed. "Anyway, we need to go over some stuff with our Alpha, Lex, about the 'Guardian' business, so let's go."

"Wait..." Chester processed the meaning of my sentence, before suddenly becoming very excited. "You... You're going to join the Guardians?!"

I nodded, provoking some jubilance from my bear-friend. "We can celebrate later, now come on, let's get going. I want to meet the rest of the group."
Nach oben Nach unten
Skythe
Alpha
Alpha
Skythe

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyDi Sep 24, 2013 4:54 am

When I woke up the next morning, I made myself ready for second training day. It was always the weekend, today was sunday, we needed to watch out for humans today more who maybe would have some walks in the forest. When I stepped outside, there where Chester and Talvi as if they would have waited for me all night.
Uuuh... morning?
Morning Lex! He said he does it, we will be guardians! When can you make our group go?!
Whou whou, cool down Chester! Stay calm, then I maybe have a surprise for you.
Surprise!? Oh boy boy boy boy boy!
Shh keep cool, I just woke up. Lets go the training hole.
While moving to the training hole, I heard Chester talk wild to Talvi, he was excited like a rabbit and same hyped as one.
When we reached the sandy grounds, three pups went to me.
"Alexa! Lets go!"
Uh, go?
"You promised you show us the lake with Damon!"
Oh thaaat, totally forgot that. Uh yeah I will, now first go to Damon, I will be ready to leave soon. I pushed them a bit at their buts away with the paw, then turning around to Talvi and Chester.
So. The surprise is, that I have a third guardian for your group. His name is Nokta and he is a little older, I think about Hefrays age. Windsoul too and wanted to join the guardians again after part of his old troup died back then in the big fire. That means, you can start right off... YESHHHH!
Ah, Chester! Shh! The point is, that he tried to save many out of the fire, and has some really bad fire scars left. Some view at him like a freak, but he can sure defend us all with his life if he has to. So I ask you, ignore his look and just act with him like a normal guardian okay? After they nodded, Chester even faster than Talvi cause it seemed he wanted to go RIGHT now, I shouted over to him. The darkgrey panther which has layd in the shadows for a nap lifted up and went over to us. He was nearly double size of me, but a calm and nice person. He waved his head gentle as he reached us and sat down.
I guess you will do some good combination. Nokta, this are Chester you know, and Talvi. Talvi will be the troup leader. He is rather new here so I guess he will need some tips here and there for the territory borders and such things. I wouldnt know anyone knowing this lands better than you Nokta. Your real guardian dutys will be to watch around the meeting place, not like the others far away, we have enough troops out there. You will give me a report at least once a week if there is nothing special. But you will start tomorrow, today you can start with training the pups a bit. There are a lot windsoul pups which burn for being a guardian one day, I guess they will be glad to talk to you or even train a bit. I will go with three pups and Damon to show them around, youngest here. So, see you later boys.
I waved over with my head and the pups ran over, followed by Damon. We left the sand hole with the young ones and the new guardian troop.
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyDi Sep 24, 2013 6:36 am

(I'll give Hefray a color now, I guess, that's easier. And he'll get this super masculine pink^^ Sorry Skythe, I'll edit it, I think I misunderstood it ^^)

I strechted my body as I woke up. Eiri was laying next to me. I leaned over to her and kissed her. "Good morning." "Mornin'" "Still sleepy?"  I smiled. "It's the second trainings day. And I guess, we have to hurry." I jumped out the bed and put off my clothes.

I looked down my body. Eventhough Hefray did'nt hit me often, I still got some blue stains and bruisings. I sighed. I knew Eiri had followed me yesterday night. I smelled a fresh track of her infront of the house when I came back. So I didn't had to explain.
I didn't reproached her, 'cause I would have done the same. I smiled back to her. She was standing up as I put on new clothes and went over to her. I kissed her long and passionate before I went down the stairs and prepared breakfast.

After the breakfast we left the house. Hefray was sitting on the veranda. "Good morning my friend" I was giggling. "Good morning...brute" I was laughing now. Hefray had a large bump on his head and a blue eye. "What are you going to do today?" "I wanted to accompany you to the training. Maybe I can learn something. Or maybe I could help some of the young firesouls." I nodded. "Good plan."

We went forward through the forest on the way to the hole. As we reached the place, Damon, Lex and some pups left the training and went in the forest.
I nodded over to a alone standing man on the trainings place. "That seems to be your partner." I said to Eiri and whispered. "I'll stay here. You'll do that!"

Zuletzt von Feya am Di Sep 24, 2013 7:54 am bearbeitet; insgesamt 2-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyMi Sep 25, 2013 2:12 am

I can feel my anxiety growing the closer we get to the training ground. I barely notice as we emerge from the trees, too wrapped up in my own thoughts, only when Lee speaks to me do I snap out of it. I blink a few times, looking around until I see the man he is talking about. I swallow, trying to control my nerves, look to Lee, see him smile and finally make my way towards the lone figure. On my way I spot Talvi, the bear from yesterday and a... panther. I pause, staring at him.
A big cat? Like.. like me?
The cat catches my gaze and I look away sharply, my heart racing. I had not seen another large cat like me since the day I'd been caught, yet here was another. I realise the man waiting for me is now waving, trying to get my attention, so I quickly cross the rest of the distance to reach him. He raises an eyebrow.
"Not gunna space out on me, are ya lass?"
I shake my head, a blush creeping onto my cheeks.
"Good. Now, I'm on the understandin' that ya already know my name, but just in case, name's Tucker. I been told yer a shy one, which I can already see. But my mam always used to say 'watch out fer them quiet ones'."
He laughs, patting me on the shoulder. I try my best not to flinch. He then takes a few steps back, shifting to wolf form.
"Right then lass, come on, ya won't be much good as a human."
I shuffle my feet nervously for a few seconds, then shift, now looking down at my paws, rather than my feet. I raise my gaze, catching a brief look of surprise on Tucker's face, probably from just how big I am in jaguar form. Without warning he leaps at me and I instinctively lower myself to the ground and dart to the side, though I make no attempt to strike back, despite seeing how exposed his belly is as he moves past me. A image of my claws tearing open another's stomach flashes across my eyes and I have to shake my head to rid myself of it. The momentary lapse of concentration gets me a swift cuff round the face from Tucker's paw. He barks at me,
"Concentrate lass!"
We continue to spar for a while and I manage to concentrate just on the fighting, not letting other thoughts interrupt. Though, I never make a move to attack him, I just get out of the way, which he soon notices.

He stops, pulling his lips back a little from his irritation.
"Look, yer dodgin' is brilliant, I can tell this isn't new to ya, but how're ya ever gunna win if ya don't hit me back? Now COME ON!"
He takes another leap at me, this time connecting and sending the both of us sprawling to the ground with a heavy 'thud'. As our bodies roll, my body reacts of it's own accord; my back legs kick out, sending Tucker flying off me, I roll to my feet and, before he can get up, I pounce on him, all four of my paws planted on his back, pinning him to the ground. It's only at the last second my brain realises what's going on and I stop myself from clamping my jaws round his head. Instead I just wait atop him, trying to piece together what just happened. A small whimper of discomfort from below me snaps me to my senses and I leap off Tucker, my ears flat against my head, eyes round and fearful. But he just laughs, panting slightly.
"Blimey lass, where in the heck did that come from? Next time though, ya might wanna get off a little sooner, yer pretty heavy ya know?"
I sit back, a look of shock on my face, till it dawns on me that, of course, no-one else would know how close I'd come to biting him. As I watch the wolf getting to his feet, I curl my tail round my paws, trying not to look guilty. He stretches, yawns, then sits back on his haunches, mirroring me.
"I reckon that's enough fer me. But, lemme tell ya somethin' lass; you've got skill, I can tell that, but I can also tell, yer afraid of usin' it, yer probably worryin' right now that ya hurt me. Thing is, if ya don't learn to control it, to control yerself, it'll only get worse, then ya really will hurt someone when ya don't mean to. Runnin' from yer problems never solved anythin'. Just, keep that in mind."
With that, he stands, turns and walks away, leaving me where I sit, to dwell on my thoughts.
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyMi Sep 25, 2013 3:10 am

Nokta was a fearsome looking fellow, and I wasn't talking about his scars. He was large, and very muscular. Though I knew Chester would eventually grow up to be a fierce beast himself, seeing this panther was a reminder of my own physical form. Though I was strong, I would need to be stronger.

I greeted him, and he greeted me, which brought ease to my mind. He was surprisingly mellow and kind (though I may have confused it for indifference), and he also didn't seem too bothered about being led, which for some reason alarmed me. Curiosity got the better of me. "Pardon my manners for asking, but why would you accept me as your leader? You're experienced as a guardian, you're probably a lot stronger than me, and I'm a stranger. So, why?"

Nokta chuckled, and again, his deep, guttural voice unsettled me slightly. "Interesting. You show great presence of thought. But I've learned a lot of lessons in my life, this being the most important; age and experience are no guarantee of wisdom and knowing. Also, one should never judge a book by it's cover. Yes, you are a Firesoul, but I respect your role as leader further, knowing that your head is in the right place, which is unusual."

I nodded, and suddenly felt relaxed. That feeling soon evaporated as Nokta continued his speech, however. "Besides, I've seen it in your eyes; you've witnessed the shadows of war."

My eyes widened, glaring at Nokta. I didn't understand what had come over me, but insurmountable rage, more than anything I had ever previously experienced began to seep through the cracks. On the exterior, I trembled, and though I hadn't noticed at the time, I think it also unnerved Chester. A rising bloodlust was starting to consume my mind, until...

"Nevermind, Talvi. I believe in your leadership abilities. That's all that matters."

The red mist dissipated. I immediately felt some shame, knowing that I'd shown a lack of control over my emotions. His words eventually registered and I responded accordingly. "Oh, um... thank you."

Having watched Eiri make curiously light work of Tucker (to which Nokta responded with approval), Nokta, Chester and myself rounded up the younglings that wished to follow in our footsteps. Nokta talked, whilst myself and Chester demonstrated some of the more technical aspects of our previous encounter. The panther made a great spokesman, and a great tutor, as he really understood the craft of our manoeuvres, more so than perhaps either of us did. My favourite part of his speech was when he described my little 'finisher' on Chester. "As you can see, Talvi is aware all the time that Chester is larger, therefore has more weight behind him. Talvi knows he won't be able to use brute strength to topple his foe, so he disrupts Chester's balance, using his weight against him. Notice that he pulls the paw underneath for best effect." I must admit, I felt a little proud of myself for pulling it off.

The children asked for a sparring match between myself and Nokta, but we had run out of time. Thank goodness, too; I don't think I would've lasted long before either getting my ass kicked, or losing myself to...

Those days were behind me. They were irrelevant.
Nach oben Nach unten
Skythe
Alpha
Alpha
Skythe

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyDo Sep 26, 2013 2:18 am

It didnt take long to show the pups the small lake that layd in the forest. We took a short break for them, and then where on our way back.
As we reached the training hole again, the new troop had done training the young ones and trained for themselves a bit. Nokta was silent as always, I knew what wisdom and strenght he kept behind his silent outside. As I sat on the edge of the hole, I watched around, noticing Eiri and Lee, they where talking sometimes but I especially noticed Lees view at the troop. Did he want to be part of a troop?
I shook my head, layd it down and enjoyd a bit of sun which came through the tree tops.

(Sorry cant think of more right now :S)
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyDo Sep 26, 2013 6:06 am

Lex and the pups returned, watching the troop train. I layed next to Eiri, cuddling my head in her side. I enjoied the warm feeling of her fur. We watched the troop too. They were training for some time, the windsoul pups watched them from some distance. I concentrated on one pup. The little guy already stood out at training, now he was laying offside, not really interested in the troops training. While training he seemed absent, not really good at fighting. He got some hits. "Have you seen this little one over there?" Eiri nodded. "Somehow...I don't know, he seems absent and sad." Eiri poked her nose into my fur. "I'll talk to him. Maybe I can get why he's absent while watching a fight, as being a windsoul." I winked to her, knowing he might feel similar to Hefray, Eiri and me.

I walked over to him, laying down in the gras, my nose embedded on the ground. "Hey, there" The pup turned to me. His fur was light brown, his paws and snout darker. "I've seen you at the training. You didn't seem to have fun." He shook his head, looking in another direction. "I...I'm sorry. I will give more effort next time." I laughed. He was looking shocked. "No, No I don't want to rebuke you." I stopped laughing, pushing him a bit with my nose to loosen up the situation. "What's your name?" "Selar." "Ok Selar, I'm here because, I've seen your bad fighting, and that you weren't interested in the training of the troop. And that's not normal for a..." I touched his necklace. It was a small white cloud. "...windsoul."

"I can't fight. It feels like my body isn't doing what I want him to do." I smiled, looking down on his paws, which seemed to be to big for the rest of his body. He's a bit like me... "I guess, you don't want to fight. That's why." He nodded, looking ashamed to the ground. "That's ok. You know, some of us don't want to do what their soulcolor tells them. But that's ok, because thats their character. As I windsoul, you would be a great guardian. But shall I tell you a secret?" Selar nodded, his knocking on the ground. "I don't want to be a guardian either. I'm good at fighting and I will protect the ones I love, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone in the wilds. Can you see the jaguar over there? I love her and I don't want to leave her just for being a guardian, one of the troop." Eiri catched my view and I smiled.

"So Selar, you don't want to be a guardian right? What do you want to do then?" "I'm good in finding tracks. But...I guess I have to stay here, protecting the territory. Because...I have to..." "Why? If you're good in trackfinding why don't you get a scout or something like that? Why do you have to fight, if you don't want to?" "Because of my parents, not my real parents, they just raise me up...their son is a windsoul to, but he's a real fighter, but my "parents" say, that a windsoul should be a guardian, or atleast a hunter. My real parents died in the flames..." "I'm sorry...but I can tell you, you don't have to be a guardian. I'm sure, you're strong and you can fight, but if you don't want to, you don't have to." I smiled, and then Selar smiled too. "Anyway...wanna see a fight?" He looked confused. I winked to him, standing up and walking over to the troop.

"Hey guys. I don't want to be a part of your troop, or of the guardians, but maybe we can train together. You three seem to be good fighters." I glanced over to the grey panther and nodded to him. "Wanna fight against me? I need some training." He stood up walking over to me. "Is formshifting ok for you?" He nodded. I smiled, looking over to the scouts surrounding the hole, who would alarm us if humans were on their way to the hole.

The panther, Nokta, stood opposite of me. The pups were excited. We were both in our animalform as we started the training. I jumped frontal over to Nokta, knowing he would dodge, so I changed my direction a bit. I landed but immediately hit him with one of my paws. Nokta turned around, now doing a attack himself. I ran to him, ducking down as he jumped and slided by under him. Right under his belly I reared my back, just like a cat to bring him out of his line. I pushed his butt with my backpaws, so he finally fell forward, tumbling over the ground. But he stood up again fast, growling now. He began to run from left to right, always getting nearer to me. I remained on my position, waiting for him to do his move. He jumped forward in the last moment. I jumped up, but he managed to hit my legs. I stepped back a few meters, then I began to run. I ran over to him, frontal. But I changed my way just infront of him, passing him. Nokta was confused, as I made a backflip pushing him on the ground with my paws and landed on him. I pushed off him, doing a backflip again, changing forms in the air, just like I did the night I trained with Hefray. I landed on his body, pressing him down with my whole weigth. I waited. Nokta presented his throat, a sign that the fight was over. I nodded, letting him go. "Thanks. That was a great fight." "Yes, it was." He smiled a bit, then turned around, going back to his troop. I changed back into my wolf form.

I smiled to Selar and he was smiling too. I whispered to him. "You don't have to do things you don't want to do. You have your own opinion and the right to live your own way." I turned aroung, still smiling and ran over to Eiri. I pushed my nose into her fur and nibbled on her ear.
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyFr Sep 27, 2013 12:03 am

I watched Lee's fight with interest, I had never thought of shifting mid-fight; while in the fighting ring I had never been able to, lest someone discover my secret, so the idea had never occurred to me. I was lost in my thought when Lee ran back over, but as he nibbled my ear I began a deep, low purr. I pushed my head against his own, rubbing my cheek along his fur. It was at this moment I heard a small voice from beside me,
"U-Uhm.. excuse me? Miss cat-lady?"
I swung my head in the direction of the sound, finding one of the pups staring up at me curiously, they seemed slightly nervous - which may have been something to do with how one of my paws was the size of his whole body. He hesitated only for a moment,
"Uhm... why are you covered in funny marks miss cat-lady?"
I paused, unsure how to respond. He obviously didn't mean any harm with his question, he was just curious and when my gaze caught sight of the rest of the young group looking in our direction I figured the other pups were just as curious as he. But was it right to tell a pup I had been part of a fighting ring? Probably not. Instead, I brought my face very close to the pup's own and whispered,
"Well you see... where I come from the prey is as big as the hunter; giant snakes as long as a tree is tall, huge water lizards with teeth as big as your head, pig-like creatures larger than myself. I had many a fight with these creatures and they left their marks to remind me."
I could see his eyes widen with disbelief, the kind of face a child pulls when they're unsure if you're telling the truth or not, but the story captivates them anyway. He ran off to the rest of the young ones and I could see him excitedly telling them something. Perhaps exaggerating slightly, my story was near-enough true. Crocodiles, anacondas and tapirs were found all throughout my homelands, they were just as dangerous as man, but we hunted them regularly. A small twinge of sadness ran through me at the thought of my old home and how I had been so abruptly torn from it, but I shook off the feeling. I grinned and heard Lee chuckle behind me. Turning to him I licked his head, another rumbling purr escaping me.
"Cute aren't they?"
My response was a small laugh. I curled my tail round his, looking up at the sky with a contented sigh. The day was drawing on.

Zuletzt von Tsukikoko am Fr Sep 27, 2013 4:35 am bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyFr Sep 27, 2013 4:24 am

The fight between Nokta and Lee was an interesting one, to say the least. I could not prevent myself from asking my soon-to-be-comrade a pivotal question. "You were going easy, weren't you? Don't lie."

His answer was rather diplomatic for such a powerful-looking warrior. "Honestly, if that had been a fight where I could utilise the strength of my jaws, he would not have won. But I must admit though, he had some interesting acrobatics. You're not intimidated, are you?" Nokta grinned.

I could see his point; he was three times the wolf's size, and it wasn't a fight to the death, so there was no point acting like it was. Still, I couldn't stop the competitive part of me sneaking out. The thought of being scared of something left me a long time ago... "Not in the least. Fancy tricks like that are the things that'll get you killed."

Nokta and Chester both looked at me with a hint of confusion, and perhaps worry. I stared back at them firmly. I had been quiet for a while, keeping the darker side of myself concealed from all until now, but as I would be sharing most of my time with them in the near future, maybe it was best that they knew me for what I was. A strange thought to be having at such a time, admittedly.

"...I'll let you in on something. Something personal. When I fight, I do it with intention to kill. This is the first thing that was taught to me as a 'war-hound', and maybe the most important." My stern look must've seemed intimidating to them, as an awkward silence followed. Upon reflection, it was hard to understand why they'd feel that way. I may have been a Firesoul, but...

Pointless thoughts, and I had no time for them.

Zuletzt von TalviTheWanderer am Mi Okt 02, 2013 3:12 am bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Skythe
Alpha
Alpha
Skythe

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptySo Sep 29, 2013 7:34 am

(Hmm I think for making it a bit different, maybe it would be interesting if Talvi and Lee would switch their writer row... uuh how to say. So that now writes Talvi, and after Eiri writes Lee. It feels like Talvi kinda gets lost writing as the "last" one of a row)

I layd down and watched the whole thing, Damon mixing up to the other training pups.
I didnt like what I see at all, it kinda brang up anger in me, I stood up again and jumped down there, as I crossed Eiri and Lee I stopped.
Only Damon, me and the guardians teach the pups. If you want to train, do it at the edge so they wont get tracked away from their training so easily. I dont want you to plant nonesense into their young minds!
I just turned around, my tail nearly slapping Lees face as I left them behind, not even waiting for a response.
I went over to Selar who always had some troubles with fighting since he came here. I took him at my side and went a bit away with him from the others.
Selar, dont listen to what some people tell you. I dont know what he told you, but he is not from here he wont know about our traditions and living. Keep your mind clear, you are young. Just carry on with training and someday you will find your place no matter where. You remember what I told you once?
He took a second, then nodded, smiling.
Good boy. Now why dont you take a break from training and go with Surama (the firesoul pup, dunno for the name couldnt find it :S), Masha and Kyle. They will go with a guardian to have a small walk in the meeting place area. Maybe you find something interesting little sniffer. I tapped my paw on his head, he laughing up, then jumping over to the other ones.
My short happiness was gone again when I noticed Lee walking towards me. I lifted myself up, proud as I was my tail slowly lifting upwards. I noticed that Damon felt that strain in the air too as he looked over to us. But before he could even reach me, my ears went up straight. Through the pup noises I heard some sounds. Lee kept walking to me, I let my tail sunk, lifted my head and sniffed in the air.
As the others noticed what I was doing, they went silent, now sniffing in the air too. Damon slowly walked to my side, not making a noise, then he whispered with his dark voice.
Humans. Hunters, and dogs.
They are near. Get the pups away, and make not a single sound, when you are out of range try the school class trick with them.
They are too near, what about you?
Take the kids, the guardians shall help, here are a lot pups, I will watch the hunters direction.

He nodded, then silently walked at the pups, splitting them into small groups and shoving them to the guardians and some other adult walkers at the sand hole. They then made their way up to go lost between the trees, switch their bodys and play like they would have a trip with a schools class. The barkings of the dogs turned louder, three. And some man, I could smell their guns even now. When all the pups and trainers where gone, I watched the hunters direction a bit more and wanted to leave, then I seen him. Selar was sitting in the sand, staring into the same direction I was. I fast stepped forward, grabbed him in the neck and carried him to the other direction of the sand hole, I was nearly crossing the border of sand and grass, when I heard a shot going down into the sand behind me, dogs barking up and starting to run. When I turned around, there where the hunters. Selar whimpered up, I began to run with him in my snout. Luckily he was small and so easy to carry but it sure slowed me down. I heard how the hunters noises went more silent behind me, but for that the dogs came closer.
The others must have heard the shot, and now I heard a howl. It where Damon, followed by Lee. I now had an direction, then I soon seen the mass of people and especially kids, all back in human form. I still heard the barking. I stayd a few meters away, and thrown Selar to their feet.
I will distract them, the dogs can still smell you are animals! Damon, you know the story, go on and move it as far as you can with the kids, Talvi if something goes wrong, protect them with your lives!
I turned to the other side just when the dogs arrived and ran off. The three dogs where bigger than I thought, real hunting dogs, not just simple house doggies. Luckily they didnt stop but all went after me, the question was still open if the hunters would see the human tracks before following their own dog tracks, just of being curious. I feared for a moment about the pups, but if they would all stay cool and play the school class thing, it would go well.
I kept running and leaded the dogs deeper into the forest, no idea of what direction to take, when I felt a bite into my hind leg.
I fell to the ground, kicked him off and lifted myself up again, surrounded by dogs. I snarled at them, as they did to me before attacking me right of. I sure did my tipical tricks, too much for some dumb dogs, but those where trained to kill, so they hit me more often than I would have liked it. As one then grabbed for me neck and bitten badly into it, I whimpered up loudly and blood dripped on the ground which got spread everywhere through the fighting movements. When I finally got him off, biting his back leg badly, I heard one more shot. The hunters catched up. Lucky, they hadnt found them. Badly for me. I was frozen for a second, then again running off. I couldnt have more luck, they kept their dogs at their site. As I watched back for a moment, they took care of their dog who layd on the ground, his back leg bleeding. What did those people expect when sending their dogs to attack a wild wolf? Or in that case... a walker? If I wouldnt have been that small, they maybe would have carried on hunting me, like I would be a giant danger. Before even thinking of turning around to see after the group, I just ran. My mind was blown, I just ran. After nearly an hour, I just came home. I had no idea how I came here, I was just happy. I knew Damon would lead the kids home with the others and I felt so tired of the dogs fight. It was afternoon when I closed the door behind me, dizzling to the sink. I turned off my jacket, throwing it onto my bed, and pulled down my shirt a bit to have a better look at my neck. There was so many blood. The wound was going from the back of my head, over my neck and nearly to my throat. I cursed that dog for a moment, trying to touch the wound with a wet towel. That only made it blood even more. I thought of the blood path I must have left on the forest ground, barely visible in the soon rising darkness. My floor slowly turned red from the drips of blood, even some small flesh peaces. I was just pressing the towel onto the wound, as I felt dim and tumbled a bit at the sink. Before I could react, my legs just broke away and I felt on my back, hitting my head on the floor before everything turned black and I fainted.
An hour later I shortly got back to my mind, seing silhouettes, then faces. There was Selar to my legs, shaking on me and badly crying. Then there where Nokta who kneed down to him, pulling him off and talking to him, looking straight at him. Chester showed up, and then Talvis face showed up before my head. He spoke to me, turned my face a bit, but I couldnt understand a word, mostly hearing my heart beat. My eyes turned around before closing again, fainted again.
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptySo Sep 29, 2013 10:52 am

(So, I guess I'm posting next, then?)

"Can you hear me, Lex? ...Lex?"

No use. She had slipped out of consciousness again. I found operating in my human form rather tedious, but for now it was a necessity, firstly because it would be easier to treat Lex's wounds properly, and secondly in case the hunters did indeed trace us back here. Though I didn't notice right away, I realised that this was the first time I'd been to Lex's house. Still, now was not the time to be worrying about such things.

"Chester, please get me a bowl of warm water and a clean towel, along with bandaging. Nokta, take Selar into the sitting room... and..."

Whilst Chester did as I asked of him, Nokta turned to face me, awaiting the completion of my sentence. "...make sure the kid's okay. Tell him he was very brave."

"Of course, Talvi," Nokta nodded, seeming a lot more accepting of my rare warmth of character than perhaps I was at the time. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him; he must've been so scared, and who could blame him? My thoughts wandered to the rest of the children, who had escaped with Damon to somewhere relatively safe.

Chester brought me the things I'd asked him for, but when he spoke, it was clear he was worried extensively for Lex's wellbeing. "What's gonna happen to Lex, Talvi? She's lost so much blood, is she really gonna be okay? Is she?"

"Calm yourself, Chester," I said with a mix of both reassurance and focus, "if we get this right, she'll be right as rain."

I scrubbed gently at the open wound in an attempt to clean it. I heard Lex stir, groaning a little at the pain it must've been causing her. "Shh, it's alright Lex, it'll be over in a minute, I promise..."

Though cleaning her wound was successful and mostly straightforward, we were posed with another problem. The wound wouldn't clot on it's own. This highlighted the seriousness of both the size of the wound, and the amount of blood Lex was losing. Chester started to panic, whilst in the other room, Nokta was trying to keep poor Selar calm. We didn't have any non-invasive medical supplies to help seal up the injury, so I had to improvise. I managed to close the wound together with four stitches, before switching to my lupine form to administer the final, rather unorthodox technique. "Forgive me..."

I licked away at the wound, using my wolven antibodies to great effect. After a minute or so, the wound started to glue and repair itself. After I reverted to my human self, I cleaned the stains of blood using the towel and bandaged her up. I was glad that I got away with using a small amount of stitches, as I feared for the cosmetic after-effects of over-stitching a wound. I nodded at Chester, and he let out a huge sigh of relief. I heard Selar sobbing, though less prominently now, as Nokta stepped in. "I'm impressed, Talvi. You did good."

I wasn't so sure, nor was I sure that we were out of the woods yet. "...We've done what we can. Now... we wait."
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyMo Sep 30, 2013 10:08 am

I surprised myself with how calm I felt. Perhaps it was Lex's leadership, the children being in danger, or something else, but an eerie calm had settled over my mind. I didn't panic when the hunters and their dogs arrived, or when I heard the shot. Instead I worked to keep the pups calm, having heard Damon saying similar things I explained that they looked human, we were to pretend they were on a trip, that there was nothing to worry about. It seemed to work, at least enough that they were able to follow the other adults through the woods when the coast seemed clear. But I didn't follow them. It bothered me that Lex had led the hunters by herself, if she was hurt now we wouldn't know. I turned in the direction she had run and, with a final look over my shoulder, shifted to jaguar form. Swiftly I climbed a nearby tree, setting off after Lex and the hunters by leaping from tree to tree.

Lex's blood trail was clear as day. The dogs would be able to follow it easily and if they led the humans to her house then... I shook my head, not wanting to think about it. Instead, I thought of something else. I rolled in the blood, dragged my paws through it, even dipped my tail in it, getting the scent all over me. With my ears swiveling to listen for the sounds of approaching dogs, I began to kick up the dirt with my paws, dispersing as much of the trail as I could. I didn't know if it would fool them, but I hoped the dogs would follow my new, fresher scent. With Lex's trail broken, I began to carefully pick my way across the ground, setting my paws on rocks so I wouldn't leave tracks - after all, even though I knew I left little trail in dry soil I didn't want to risk it, a set of large cat tracks would surely be strange in these woods. It was slower progress than I would have liked and I could hear the panting of the dogs, their crashing through the undergrowth as they followed the tracks, getting ever closer to me. I held my nerve for as long as I could, to get them as far from the original trail as I could, before I leapt up a tree, hiding among the leaves. Not five seconds later, the remaining two hounds bounded out of the bushes, frantically sniffing round the bottom of the tree.  

As I watched them circle below me, my pupils dilated, adrenaline beginning to surge through me. I wanted to kill them. But I daren't. If the dogs went missing, the humans would surely be suspicious, so I watched and I waited... Eventually, as darkness began to set in, there was a whistle from the hunters and the dogs ran back into the undergrowth. No point hunting in the dark, But I remained, hidden in the trees, listening to the sounds of the forest, until I was sure they had left.
Humans and their dogs are so loud.
Before I descended the tree, I made sure to wash my fur thoroughly, so as not to leave a new trail that could be followed. As I made my way back down the tree, I felt strangely composed, serene almost. It was peculiar. I made my way back to Lee's in a daze, my mind hazy. When I reached the house I went round to the back door, knowing it would be unlocked. I pushed my way inside, made my way upstairs and curled up on the bed. The calm faded instantly. Suddenly the reality of what I'd just done came crashing down on me; I had led a pair of hunting dogs after me, on purpose, with human hunters following them. What if they'd found me? What if I'd been caught? Killed? Revealed the existence of the others? I began to shake, panting slightly. I didn't know why I was still a jaguar, the comfort of the animal skin perhaps? But I lay there, taking up most of the bed. I didn't even know if Lee was home, I just lay in the dark. Though my eyes did catch sight of something,
Huh... I don't remember my nipples being so pink...
What a weird thought to have.
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyDi Okt 01, 2013 7:30 am

Human....Human again... I growled. I ran through the forest in my human form, pretending to do some sports. These... I could even now smell the metallic taste of blood. It has to be Lex'. I knew Damon would bring the pups home safe and I had a plan. I ran forward, finally reaching the borders of the village. I made a run to the Bed & Breakfast, knocking on Hefrays door. Suprisingly Melissa opened. I remembered. Hefray had to be with the pups, as he accompanied us to the training. I totally lost his view while the attack of the hunters.  "We were attacked by humans." Melissa wheezed. "Was anybody hurt?" "I guess Lex was, but I couldn't follow her. The guardian troop did. Melissa, I've got a plan, but I need your help."

---

I walked from one side to the other. The jeep of the hunters was found fast as their dogs were really stinky. I moved on. It was already dark, I could barely see my own hand. The metall of handcuffs was shining. Hefrays cuffs, the cuffs  I just cut down the pink plush that was around them. I just didn't want to know why Hefray had plush handcuffs. But still, these were cuffs and the illusion was mostly perfect.
I was wearing a Halloween-costume, a officers uniform. Good thing it would be Halloween in some weeks. A toy gun was in a holster on my back. And now I was wating, wating for the hunters to return.
It was nearly midnight as I heard the steps of humans and the gentle barking of dogs. As they reached their jeep, I stepped out of the shadows. "Gentlemen." I tried to act as self-assured as possible, eventhough the dogs were growling, knowing I wasn't just a human. The men frightened. "This..." I pointed to the trees around us. ...is a private forest. I was called by local residents, because they heard dogs barking and shots." I showed them my badge of office, a old doorknob Melissa had put into on old leather wallet. It was dark outside and so the hunters trusted the illusion. "We just..." "No, no. We found blood and you aren't allowed to hunt here. So I'm going to exhort you. Give me your hunting bills and firearms licenses." They handed me the documents and I wrote down their names. If I ever see you here again, I'll arrest you, because of poaching. But as I couldn't see a prey here, you can get away with a blue eye. And now: Disappear." "Ehm...we..." I moved my hand back to the cuffs and the hunters immediately got silent, moving to their jeep and driving away. I sighed. This was close. Good thing it's midnight...

---

I went back to Melissa, giving her the costume. "Do whatever your perverse mind tells you to do with it." I smiled a bit, looking over to Hefray, who had returned. "Oh Lee, you have destroyed my beautiful cuffs." He grinned. I turned around, leaving the room without saying anything else.
I ran back to my house, getting the track of Eiri. I moved up the stairs. Eiri was lying on the bed in as a jaguar. I changed my form, jumping on the soft mattress. I put my head on her belly, feeling the warmth of her body, the soft of her fur. The regular beating of her heart got me tired after some time. I fell asleep.
Nach oben Nach unten
Skythe
Alpha
Alpha
Skythe

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyDi Okt 01, 2013 11:30 am

My head feeled strange, like it was totally empty. I felt bitterly cold and I just heared talkings like through a towel.
I opened my eyes slowly and seen the troop again. They stepped at me, talking to me. I still didnt got anything, felt tired. I closed my eyes once more and felt asleep again.

When I then opened my eyes again, I laid in someones womb, my face on a pillow, I was covered, laying on my bed. I heard my small tv run silently.
When I felt soft movings under my head, I lifted myself up a bit, now seing it was Talvi who sat on my bed beside me, the troop was gone. It was dark outside. Seemed like it was night already.
Finally I could hear and especially speak again.
Finally you´re awake. How are you?
I blinked a bit, not sure what have happened in the last hours. I touched my neck which was hurting like hell.
What happened? You´ve been here all day? I asked tiredly, sitting up, leaning back at the wall and covering myself more in my blanket.
Nach oben Nach unten
TalviTheWanderer
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyDi Okt 01, 2013 9:55 pm

I was glad to hear Lex's voice. Her wounds worried me deeply, and I wasn't particularly confident in my attempts to help, so when she spoke, a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. I was then reminded of how long I had stayed with her when my gaze caught the night sky out of the window. I responded, the relief clear in my voice. "Yes, I have. I've been watching over you, in case the hunters came back, or in case..."

I dare not think of the worst-case scenario. Lex began to stir a little, but it seemed to cause her a lot of pain, so I discouraged her. "Lay still, you've received some nasty wounds."

Lex spoke again. "What the hell happened? ...Where are the pups?"

"They're safe. Damon took care of the group and escaped. Selar was upset, but he's okay now. Nokta and Chester escorted him home a couple of hours ago. And if you don't mind me saying this... I'm glad to see you're awake." My tail wagged slightly. "Is there anything you need? Food? Water? Pain relief?"
Nach oben Nach unten
Tsukikoko
Hunter
Hunter
Tsukikoko

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyDi Okt 01, 2013 11:44 pm

The feeling of Lee's head on my belly roused me from a sleep I hadn't even realised I'd slipped into. I looked down at him as he slept, calm once more. As my gaze turned to the window, I could see it was still dark outside, but the sky was beginning to lighten, the first sign of dawn before the sun rose. I could feel Lee's breath against my fur, see the steady rise and fall of his chest, if I concentrated, I could even hear his heartbeat. As I listened to the world around me, I became aware of more and more sounds; insects in the forest, the call of an owl, the creaking of the house, then... a footstep. It sounded like it was just outside the house. A deer perhaps? No, too heavy. I listened again, my body tense. Just as I was about to decide I had imagined the sound, I heard it again. Carefully, so as not to disturb him, I slid out from under Lee's head, silently dropped from the bed to the floor and approached the window. I stalked, quiet as possible, lifting my head just high enough to see outside.

Nothing. No-one was there. Even in the dark, I could see the world in crisp, though monochrome, detail, it would have been easy to spot someone if they had been near the house. I huffed, ready to turn away, when a slight rustling of foliage in the distance caught my eye. It stopped a moment later, but I could have sworn I saw a pair of eyes there. I remained by the window for a good few minutes, scanning the forest with my eyes, listening intently. Eventually, I backed away from the window. Whoever, or whatever, it was, they were gone now. I climbed back onto the bed, curled myself round Lee and waited, tense and alert. I didn't sense anything out of the ordinary but even when I fell asleep, my ears continued to swivel towards sounds around me. I only slept lightly for the rest of the night, never letting my guard down. Perhaps I was being overly cautious, but the presence had worried me, I didn't want them to come back.
Nach oben Nach unten
Feya
Hunter
Hunter

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 EmptyMi Okt 02, 2013 1:07 am

It was early morning when I woke up. The first sunbeams fell through the window. Eiri was curled around me. The warmth of her body was soothing. I tried to forget about all that has happened. Maybe we should ask for Lex today... I stretched my body and jumped out the bed.

Still in my wolf form I went down the stairs, switching forms and walking over to the fridge. I took a drink and looked out the window. The gras near the veranda was pushed down. I layed my head to the side, watching the footprints outside. I concentrated on the trees, but nobody was there. No matter who was here, he's gone.

I went upstairs again. Eiri was still laying on the bed. I looked at her body. Something was...different. I didn't know what, but something wasn't like before. Not only because she was strained and just in a light sleep, something had changed. In that moment her eyes fluttered and she looked at me. I frowned. "Is everything ok with you?"

Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Skinwalker   Skinwalker - Seite 4 Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Skinwalker
Seite 4 von 8Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Weiter

Befugnisse in diesem ForumSie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten
Skythe Games :: Role play :: English-
Gehe zu: